Community Forum

Local (ABC, NBC, CBS) channels gone from streaming app

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Local (ABC, NBC, CBS) channels gone from streaming app

yesterday the local network channels disappeared from the xfinity stream app. May be others gone, not sure. Not a device issue since same on two different smart TVs, a roku stick, mobike phone and ipad. Wasted 90 minutes on chat with xfinity tech support this AM since yesterdat they saud no agents were available. No change. They opened a ticket. Anyone else have this issue ?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Local (ABC, NBC, CBS) channels gone from streaming app

Yes lost ME tv on Tuesday.  Similar result ,wasted 3 hours with customer service. Said they put in ticket to fix within 36 to 48.  No resolution 4 days later.  Bogus answer I expect, just to pander to me at the time. Unacceptible!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I found that on mobile device, there os a new set of channels calked TOGO. Yhe missing network channels apiear there as well as redundant versions of other channels. However the togo versions do not appear in the stream app on smart TV or roku. So xfinity is definitely messing with the app (messing up the app) either a bug or their way of again nickel and diming customers to spend more on equipment. But the have not disclosed this and advertise I shoukd be able to stream sllthe chanbels in my oackagt that I pay for as long ads on my xfinity network which I also pay for so this is a breach of that and needs to be fixed. In the mean time I will shop the competition since I have not gotten the promised call so they arr blowing me off. Me neigjbod cut the cord so I am going to see how thats working.
Highlighted
Expert

@Ryanbigbed wrote:
I found that on mobile device, there os a new set of channels calked TOGO. Yhe missing network channels apiear there as well as redundant versions of other channels. However the togo versions do not appear in the stream app on smart TV or roku. So xfinity is definitely messing with the app (messing up the app) either a bug or their way of again nickel and diming customers to spend more on equipment. But the have not disclosed this and advertise I shoukd be able to stream sllthe chanbels in my oackagt that I pay for as long ads on my xfinity network which I also pay for so this is a breach of that and needs to be fixed. In the mean time I will shop the competition since I have not gotten the promised call so they arr blowing me off. Me neigjbod cut the cord so I am going to see how thats working.

the beta app is restricted to non-cap counted data. TVgo channels/on-demand count toward cap-data so are not shown. desk/laptop and smart device can see them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Tha channels magically returned so looks like they fixed the bug
Highlighted
New Poster

Having the same issue only mine started with the local channels and then went to all the channels. I have had no channels at all for a few days now have put in multiple tickets and problem still isn't fixed
Expert

@Brunellepamela wrote:
Having the same issue only mine started with the local channels and then went to all the channels. I have had no channels at all for a few days now have put in multiple tickets and problem still isn't fixed

use the Xfinity stream TV app on a smart phone/tablet. channels work on that device(s)? do you have a working and installed x1 set top box in your home? are the devices connected to your own home wifi SSID?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!