Community Forum

Keeps asking me to sign in

Highlighted
New Poster

Keeps asking me to sign in

Safari 13.1

This annoying issue began a few weeks ago. 

If I pause a movie, then go to another website, and come back to Xfinity, it always asks me to sign in again. I've cleared the cache and cookies and signed in with texted code many times, checking off not to ask again on this browser, but that had no effect. 

Also, sometimes while watching a movie, it will suddenly stop and revert to asking me to sign in again.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Keeps asking me to sign in

@soulartist28 wrote:

Safari 13.1

This annoying issue began a few weeks ago. 

If I pause a movie, then go to another website, and come back to Xfinity, it always asks me to sign in again. I've cleared the cache and cookies and signed in with texted code many times, checking off not to ask again on this browser, but that had no effect. 

Also, sometimes while watching a movie, it will suddenly stop and revert to asking me to sign in again.

you have an browser extenstion that is erasing your history.you can test by turning off all browser extensions then accessing the stream site. fixed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, please uncheck the Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Website Tracking > Prevent cross-site tracking option to resolve this issue.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

That suggestion seems to work. Thanks

Highlighted
New Poster

Spoiler
Thanks for trying. The answer below yours did work. 
Highlighted
New Poster

That will solve it but defeats the purpose of the Safari privacy feature. Comcast should fix this because there's not reason it needs to be doing 3rd party tracking for customers logging in to their own Xfinity account.

A better solution is to select "Safari > Settings for this Website" and uncheck "Enable Content Blockers".

This will only disable the privacy feature on the xfinity.com website, not all websites you browse.

Highlighted
New Poster

Infinity Stream on Safari Issue on MacBook Pro - This has just started happening to me the last couple of weeks.  I had not changed settings or computer etc.  I do have "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking" checked and I am not willing to uncheck that becasue it seems improbable that Xfinity would require me to allow ALL websites to cross-site track me and removes an important security feature.  I DO NOT have content blockers enabled under "Setting for this Website" which I would think Xfinity would be good with rather than opening it up for all websites.  This needs to be corrected as we utilize Xfinity Stream on our computers almost daily and it has become unusable for us.  If there is another fix or if it isn't going to be workable without allowing all cross-site tracking, we need to know to make other arrangments.  Thanks. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@mann27 Hi, we are working towards addressing this issue for an upcoming release. For workaround, please either 1) uncheck Prevent cross-site tracking, or 2) try a different browser other than Safari (such as Chrome or Firefox). Let us know if issue persists. Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

The issue persists.... None of that works and the terrible app is one of the many reasons I wish Xfinity weren't my only option!

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having a similar issue that occurs on Edge, chrome and fire fox. When I am viewing my security cams live via xfinity home, I get frequent messages requiring me to affirm I am still there. And despite sellecting "keep me signed in" I get automaticatically sgned out on a regular basis. I am new to xfinity security but having second thoughts. The issue is really annoying.

Highlighted
New Poster

How do i get to safari?