Community Forum

Cloud DVR recordings are glitchy

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Cloud DVR recordings are glitchy

If I watch a recorded program via my local DVR, it plays fine.  If I watch the same recorded program via streaming (cloud DVR), I get pixilation, skips, frame freezes, and other glitches.  It doesn't matter what device I use (PC with Chrome, my iPhone, etc.)  I know that it is the recording that is compromised because the glitch always occurs in the same exact frame or frames every time I play it back. Do local DVR recordings get uploaded to the cloud DVR in real time?  Any ideas what would cause this issue? I've had my account refreshed and modem reprovisioned but nothing has changed.  New recordings have the same problems.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Cloud DVR recordings are glitchy

@rlhiggi wrote:

If I watch a recorded program via my local DVR, it plays fine.  If I watch the same recorded program via streaming (cloud DVR), I get pixilation, skips, frame freezes, and other glitches.  It doesn't matter what device I use (PC with Chrome, my iPhone, etc.)  I know that it is the recording that is compromised because the glitch always occurs in the same exact frame or frames every time I play it back. Do local DVR recordings get uploaded to the cloud DVR in real time?  Any ideas what would cause this issue? I've had my account refreshed and modem reprovisioned but nothing has changed.  New recordings have the same problems.

no, the local DVR is not involved. This problem happened some years ago sporadically. haven't seen the issue lately on the forum. the cloud VR records independently from home DVR. the cloud DVR is at comcast's head end server farm in the sky. Back then the issue was overloaded cloud DVR servers and problems cleared in a day or two as load was automatically spread out or capacity increased. has this been an issue for 3 or more consecutuve days lately?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This issue has been present for months.

Highlighted
Expert

@rlhiggi wrote:

This issue has been present for months.

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @rlhiggi, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about your recordings playing glitchy. I can definitely see how frustrating and inconvenient that could be. I would be more than happy to assist you with further looking into this. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the response. I'll send the PM shortly

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m having a similar issue was their a resolution?