Community Forum

Amazon Fire TV

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Amazon Fire TV

How do I install the xFinity Stream App that works on my Fire TV?  I would like to get rid of one of my boxes and don't want to purchase an additional box.  Please Help!

Sarah Blakey

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Amazon Fire TV

Fire TV is not on the compatibility list
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

So basically I cannot use a device I have I would need to purchase a new device.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Basically, yes. As you can see by the list, not every device is compatible.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Is Comcast working to make the Xfinity app compatible for Fire TV?  It would really be helpful.  Please consider doing so!  Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

@dosblakey wrote:

Is Comcast working to make the Xfinity app compatible for Fire TV?  It would really be helpful.  Please consider doing so!  Thanks.

no plans announced. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I had the same problem. If you buy a $40 Roku stick the app is available on that device. You plug it to a USB outlet on your tv and get it that way. Cheaper than buying a new tv.