melsailsnorth's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 9:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream TV app/Roku "Sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later" message

Have been using the beta stream TV app with Roku for last year without issue.  Now all of a sudden I am getting an error "sorry! Something went wrong. Please try again later"

I've reset the device to factory specs, deleted and reloaded the Xfinity app, checked my internet connection (all other Roku apps work fine).  my account is fine and streaming works great via computer.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Try this instead...
Go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Network Connection Reset, and then select “Reset Connection”. After the device reboots simply join the Wireless Network again and launch the Xfinity app. That did the trick for me. No need to reset your modem, delete and reinstall the app, etc.
Hope this works for you too!
Enjoy

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Solved the issue. It's really easy. Uninstall the app on Roku and reinstall using the Roku app on your phone. The app must install the program on the TV or it will not work.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm having same problem and tried every solution. Still not working on any of the 3 roku in my home. Comcast says it's my roku. Dummies don't listen as I've told them I have 3 roku doing the same thing.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@randychopp wrote:
I'm having same problem and tried every solution. Still not working on any of the 3 roku in my home. Comcast says it's my roku. Dummies don't listen as I've told them I have 3 roku doing the same thing.

unplug your modem/gateway from power for 3+ minues and plug back in. working?

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@Shawns1982 wrote:

I have had the same issue with a Roku Ultra we are getting the We are getting this error .gettvgridchunk-500 error

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Rm53 wrote:

@Shawns1982 wrote:

I have had the same issue with a Roku Ultra we are getting the We are getting this error .gettvgridchunk-500 error

power unplug your gateway/modem for 3+ minutes. then plug back in. fixed?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I had the same error "Sorry!  Something went wrong" (- 500) across Roku Sticks in our house and solved it with:  

Remove the Xfinity Beta App

Restart Your Cable Modem (Best to leave it off for 2 mins)

Restart Roku

Re-install Xfinity Beta App

Re-Authorize the App

This process has solved all errors I have had to date (Knock wood).

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I've been dealing with this for weeks and nothing worked until this!

Download the Roku app on your phone, uninstall the xfinity BETA channel, then  reinstall, it and follow instructions to activate on a device...I used my laptop and punched in the code on my TV screen. (it was not asking me to reactivate when uninstall/reinstall through the roku platform on my TV.)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here