Community Forum

Playback issue 2111 on only 1 device since app version 6.1-6.2-6.3

Highlighted
Contributor

Playback issue 2111 on only 1 device since app version 6.1-6.2-6.3

Instructed to post here by Comcast response on Play Store review.

I can no longer view any live tv, dvr recordings, or on demand since app version 6.1-6.2-6.3 on only 1 device.  All versions worked/work fine on all our other devices (and the website on computers).

For Live TV and On Demand:  "Playback Issue :: 2111" with little "Error 2" at bottom -- After it attempts the normal channel for a couple minutes, it tries the TVGo channel if available for a couple minutes, before finally erroring.  Very rarely it will actually play the TVGo channel of what I guess is a "lesser" network.

For DVR recordings:  "Well that didn't go as planned" or "You can still watch this On Demand" after a minute or so.

So I went back to the 6.0 app on that 1 device, and it worked as expected again.  But now there's a latest version check, so the older apps won't play at all anymore!

Thanks for investigating.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Playback issue 2111 on only 1 device since app version 6.1-6.2-6.3

@Scree wrote:

Instructed to post here by Comcast response on Play Store review.

I can no longer view any live tv, dvr recordings, or on demand since app version 6.1-6.2-6.3 on only 1 device.  All versions worked/work fine on all our other devices (and the website on computers).

For Live TV and On Demand:  "Playback Issue :: 2111" with little "Error 2" at bottom -- After it attempts the normal channel for a couple minutes, it tries the TVGo channel if available for a couple minutes, before finally erroring.  Very rarely it will actually play the TVGo channel of what I guess is a "lesser" network.

For DVR recordings:  "Well that didn't go as planned" or "You can still watch this On Demand" after a minute or so.

So I went back to the 6.0 app on that 1 device, and it worked as expected again.  But now there's a latest version check, so the older apps won't play at all anymore!

Thanks for investigating.

on what device specifically are you attempting to use the stream app?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

It's a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.

Yes it's "old" but I'm using Android 7 on it for a couple years now (since the Xfinity apps stopped supporting Android 4 a while ago).

Highlighted
Contributor

Well, I destroyed (err, retired) the device that could no longer view any live tv or dvr since version 6.1.  Who knows but my best guess conclusion was the app no longer will function properly on devices that are not "certified."