Community Forum

Firestick TV Controls

nm-virga
New Poster

Firestick TV Controls

Is there a way to use Pause with Firestick TV and the streaming app for live tv? I can stop a live program, but it doesn't actually pause - pressing Pause/Play again jumps ahead, skipping all the content that should have been recorded.

On the X1 set, everything works as expected. My guess is that the Firestick does not have sufficient internal memory for such operations (I had thought it was streaming from the DVR, not directly via WiFi).

Rustyben
Expert

Re: Firestick TV Controls

@nm-virga wrote:

Is there a way to use Pause with Firestick TV and the streaming app for live tv? I can stop a live program, but it doesn't actually pause - pressing Pause/Play again jumps ahead, skipping all the content that should have been recorded.

On the X1 set, everything works as expected. My guess is that the Firestick does not have sufficient internal memory for such operations (I had thought it was streaming from the DVR, not directly via WiFi).

you can simulate the x1's action by hitting 'record' then watching the recording while it is in progress. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!