jmar76's profile

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2017 11:00 AM

Closed

Can't set recordings from stream app

So this has happened to me before on occasion but not lately, but today I tried to set recordings for several different things using the xfinity stream app and for some reason today the option just isn't there. Over the weekend I also just happened to read that Comcast just lost a decision by the ITC in favor of Rovi in a patent suit saying that Comcast is infringing on Rovi's patent for the technology in the app that is used to set recordings on mobile devices for X1 set top boxes. So I'm just wondering is it just a coincidence that it's not even an option for me today and perhaps due to maintenance of some kind on the app, or did Comcast temporarily pull this technology from the app as a result of the ruling by the ITC? Thanks very much to anyone who can shed some light on this.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Thofarran07 wrote:

I'm wondering is there anyway to set a recording for my X1 DVR when I'm not home?

currently if you have equipment in the home it is not possible. if you are an internet only customer and add instant TV you can record (cloud only).

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Any update to this? I recently signed up with Xfinity and am highly disappointed to find that I can not record shows from the app. Sporting events are never available On Demand! This needs to be fixed. such an important yet basic function. Verizon was able to do this without issue. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

My guess is that although the capability may have been disabled 8 months ago, the web interface and the app interface just recently started bannering that you are  no longer able to set recordings away from home.  This is in large font at the top of the saved, scheduled pages, with a button that I believe gave some sort of explanation, and in addition, provided a link to the forums to "provide feedback".  What I see is they are getting PLENTY of feedback.  Now as to why these same folks did not notice the loss of the capability many months back might be questioned.  But to complain that there are now 26 pages of posts on the forums (the thread actually keeps getting longer in some respect because the moderators "combine threads" into a single master thread, that should be directed either to the moderators, the app programmers, Comcast directly or all three.  It is their doing in my opinion.  They asked for feedback, they got feedback.  Will they do ANYTHING with the feedback?  History says not a chance.  So WHY did they ask for feedback may be another interesting question to have answered.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I use my computer to watch various shows at night and every now and again I see an advertisment for a new show that I might want to watch.  BUT I cannot figure out how to set up recording on my computer.  Does anyone out there know how to do that?

Thanks

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Can I record shows on xfinity stream through my desk top?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@CJB99 wrote:

I use my computer to watch various shows at night and every now and again I see an advertisment for a new show that I might want to watch.  BUT I cannot figure out how to set up recording on my computer.  Does anyone out there know how to do that?

Thanks

someone at home (if any) would have to do the recording for you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Not any longer, apparently. That used to be a very convenient feature, but Comcast has trashed this important feature.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why can't I set my DVR while away from home. Was able to do it with FIOS. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I am very annoyed and disappointed with the TV Remote application, long ago it was a great app where one programmed the recording of television programs very easily, now the app is a useless that is not useful at all, I do not explain why you guys damage up, I've been waiting for updates to see if they leave it as it was before but not, follow the same useless app, please, gentlemen, improve that app so that one can program the recordings from this app, it is not possible that xfinity with so much technology has an app as useless as the TV Remote app is.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi,

When I now try to schedule a recording on the Xfinity website from my desktop computer, I get the error message listed above. Does anyone know why Xfinity made this change?

Some additional text with the message:

While DVR recordings can be enjoyed in this app, you can no longer schedule them here. You'll need to use your set top box or connected TV devices (e.g., Roku, Smart TVs) to schedule DVR recordings.

I understand that I can't schedule recordings any longer. I want to know why Xfinity made this change, and if they will bring this feature back. Sometimes I am away from home & I want to schedule a recording. With my Xfinity credentials, I could, until recently.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Why can't I use the Xfinity Stream app to control the DVR when away from the house? I do not believe that it is a legal issue as Comcast's agents have told me. We do not have this issue at our other house which is served by Spectrum.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@jwinningham wrote:
Why can't I use the Xfinity Stream app to control the DVR when away from the house? I do not believe that it is a legal issue as Comcast's agents have told me. We do not have this issue at our other house which is served by Spectrum.

please scroll to bottom of this page and select page one of the thread. the first post has the explanation attached as 'best answer'.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I’m also experiencing performance issues where it’s skips while watching a recording - several times in the last week it gave me errors on downloading a recorded show to my iPhone ((when I was on my home network) and I just found out that you are no longer going to support reordong shows from the streaming - that’s very BAD!! I find extremely useful to be able to record shows via the app especially when I’m not at home!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Comcast offers to buy Fox media assets for $65 billion in cash

Seems you have enough cash to pay the royalties and or fine to get the record option back for remote scheduling.

Listen to your customer base

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Johnholte wrote:
I’m also experiencing performance issues where it’s skips while watching a recording - several times in the last week it gave me errors on downloading a recorded show to my iPhone ((when I was on my home network) and I just found out that you are no longer going to support reordong shows from the streaming - that’s very BAD!! I find extremely useful to be able to record shows via the app especially when I’m not at home!!!

feature has been gone since last half of 2017. it is in litigation and no further information is available.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here