Community Forum

iPhone 250$ gift card eligibility

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

iPhone 250$ gift card eligibility

I am a current xfinity mobile customer and my current phone is paid in full.  Multiple xfinity mobile chat reps have told me if I go to a retail store I can purchase a new iphone to use with my existing phone line and I will get the 250$ card.  I have had trouble with deceit and misinformation in the past with these xfinity gift card offers.  Can any one answer if current customers who don't want to port a number can upgrade their current phone to an iphone and get the gift card?  Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: iPhone 250$ gift card eligibility

I was also told about the offer by an Xfinity rep last week in a local store. When I completed my new iphone purchase (XR) and kept the same line he said the $250 would be "deducted from my future monthly billing." I emailed him to follow up because he gave me a business card and he ignored my email with that question. I highly doubt the store intends to honor this, which is deceitful and unprofessional. 

Highlighted
New Poster

they scammed me also 

Highlighted
New Poster

I feel your pain I called 3 times and didnt honor the deal

Highlighted
Problem Solver

NO. 

You our are not being scammed, you are just wanting to believe what you think you want to believe. You are just hearing what you think that you want to hear. Dream on!

The terms for gift and rebate cards are very clear that you need to add a new line and port your number from another carrier. This is true for gift and rebate cards from Xfinity Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, and all of the other carriers. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Highlighted
Problem Solver

@cindercide wrote:

incorrect. see link

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/eligibility-250-visa-prepaid-card-upgrade-iphone-sams...

Sorry, my bad, this is a fairly new promotion. It must be done in-store and device must be in stock. 

It it usually takes several weeks for it to initially show up in the Xfinity reward center, and then 3 or 4 months for the status to be further updated and show that the card is shipped. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@cindercide, my prepaid card did in fact show up in the Xfinity rewards portal.  It will take 90 days of maintaining the account in good standing for it to be approved.

Again I did not port a number or transfer from a carrier, etc. I simply upgraded a phone that was paid off with a phone they had in stock. It must have applied to my account automatically because I had zero faith walking out of the store. The salespeople did not understand this promo. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@Austin15 

How many days did it take between your order and the gift card appearing in the reward cener?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

it took a week

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Xfinity forum. What follows are the details related to the promotional offer for the $250 Visa Prepaid Card with In-Store iPhone and Samsung Upgrades;

1. The dates of eligibility are August 23rd through September 30th, 2019.
2. You qualify for the $250 Visa Prepaid card by upgrading any existing line to a new iPhone or Samsung device.
3. The offer is available through the NDEL (New Device Existing Line) or Early Upgrade program
4. The offer is only available at a Xfinity Store with available inventory.
5. iPhones and Samsung devices must be in-stock at customer’s Xfinity Store at time of upgrade to remain eligible; devices shipped to retail locations are not eligible for this promotion.
6. The Samsung A50 is not eligible for this promotion.
7. Porting isn't required.
8. There is no data plan requirement for this promotion.
9. Upgrades placed through telesales or xfinitymobile.com are not eligible for this promotion.
10. Promotion is 'stackable' with other current promotional offers.
11. Maximum of five upgrades per account for a total Visa Prepaid Card of $1,250.

Let me know if you guys have any further questions.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the official policy on the promo @ComcastChrisL.

I am very bitter about my latest experience with Xfinity mobile, but at the same time glad I ended up receiving this offer.  I'll say it - it's the least I could have received. Not trying to hijack this thread just want to give context to my above comments. To make a very long story short, what I thought would be a quick phone upgrade (and primary account holder transfer to my name intead of me being secondary) ended with...

1) multiple in-person visits to a store with primary and secondary in attendance, 

2) salespeople giving vague or flat out wrong answers regarding the promo,

3) Xfinity internet going out at home for the weekend and requiring a technician to reset,

4) xfinity creating multiple mobile accounts for me for no reason, and

5) upwards of 8 hours on the phone being hung up on and transferred through at least 5 technical support reps....

I survived my "Xfinity marathon" but I still don't understand why it happened. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the info!

I just purchased a new eligible phone in the Xfinity store, but the exact color was not available in the store at the time. Therefore, the store employee said it will be shipped to me, arriving in 2 days. She assured me that I would still be eligible for the $250 gift card, but now that I see the fine print ("Device must be in stock"), this has me worried... Will I indeed still be eligible for the $250 gift card? Or is the employee incorrect, and I will no longer be eligible? Thanks again.