Community Forum

Xfinity Wifi-Calling and Voicemail issues on the A71 5G

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Wifi-Calling and Voicemail issues on the A71 5G

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems as I am. I was told by Xfinity Mobile customer service that my issues were unique and that they have not received any alerts from other customers with these same issues.

The issues started when I purchased an Xfinity Mobile Samsung A70 back in April and noticed constant connection issues with both cellular and wifi-calling. I also had voicemails that would not display as available unless I waited a few hours for the notification or I manually selected the refresh option after someone had called and potentially left a voicemail message.

Apparantly, these issues were also occurring with other customers that also had an A70, so Xfinity issued A71 5G replacement phones. I received the A71 5Greplacement in August. Unfortunately, the slight difference in phone specs between phones also meant that I had to purchase a different screen protector and case. The new A71 5g seemed to fix the issue with the cellular connection drops, however I still had recurring issues with wifi-calling and voicemails. It's been a couple of months since my last work ticket was submitted and I have yet to get these issues resolved.

Are any other A71 5G owners having the same problems as me? Based on my horrible experience thus far, I feel that Xfinity Mobile service has been a complete disappointment. I would not recommend it versus other national carriers. It should not take this long to either resolve these issues or offer an equitable work-around.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Wifi-Calling, iPhone 8, South Florida

I have given up on W-Fi calling.  We live in a failrly populated area and have struggled mightily with Xfinity Mobile in sustaining connections on calls for almost 3 years.  I have now disabled WiFi calling in setiings hoping call reliability will improve.  Low rates are terrific but, it's at the point of really not being worth it.  zip code here 33484.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Wifi-Calling, iPhone 8, South Florida

Thanks for the reply. I have recently tried the disable wi-fi option as well, to see if the problems persist. Unfortunately, it kind of defeats the intial purpose of why I started with Xfinity Mobile due to weak cellular reception in my area. So far, I have not had any dropped calls but the voicemail issues remain. Also, I'm constantly fluctuating between 0-3 bars of cellular signal strength. Hopefully I can opt out of my contract without penalty if Xfinity fails to resolve these issues.