Community Forum

Xfinity Never disclosed that Sending Pictures SMS or MMS on WIFI only, does NOT function.

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Never disclosed that Sending Pictures SMS or MMS on WIFI only, does NOT function.

Xfinity Never disclosed that Sending Pictures SMS or MMS on WIFI only does NOT function. I left Verizon for this wonderful Xfinity Mobile not realizing I was giving up sending PICTURES via TEXT, without having to manually turn on Cell Data and turn it back off each time.  Terrible ...

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Never disclosed that Sending Pictures SMS or MMS on WIFI only, does NOT function.

So this is why my pictures never send! What a joke. I'll be switching back
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Never disclosed that Sending Pictures SMS or MMS on WIFI only, does NOT function.

SMS/MMS only uses cellular (or WiFi Calling which just uses your WiFi to connect to the cellular network, and sometimes can cause problems). 

Cellular carriers have size limits for MMS. I don't know what the XM limit is but for the major carriers it ranges from .5MB to 1Mb. If your picture exceeds the limit you are out of luck. Some carriers will automatically compress a picture if necessary. You may need to shoot lower definition pictures. 

Check your advanced Message settings, especially if you have enabled iMessage on an iPhone or RCS on an Android phone. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I have to switch from WIFI to Mobile Data, to send pictures. You must physically shut WIFI off and turn on Mobile Data, then reverse the process if you don't want to use up Mobile Data.