Community Forum

XFINITY MOBILE - ineligble - because of a mistake

Regular Visitor

XFINITY MOBILE - ineligble - because of a mistake

Hi Team,

I applied for xfinity phone through a comcast store.

While applying I entered the wrong SSN by mistake. It shows I am ineligible. I asked the store person whether I can reentered the SSN he told he don't have that option to do it.

After few says, I tried to apply phone it says ineligble and not allowing the reenter the SSN.

I tried to reach one of the customer agent through phone they told I can reapply for 6 months.

If I don't have a good credit I understand I can wait for 6 months, but since I have entered a wrong SSN, so I am asking for a way to reapply with the correct SSN.

Please help on this request.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: XFINITY MOBILE - ineligble - because of a mistake

Hello sattanathan,

Thank you for contacting us through the Xfinity Forum.  We greatly appreciate your time, and patience.  I am more than happy to provide further information on this front.

I can confirm, and do so accurately, that you will not need to wait 6 months.  There is a wait time of 60 days before you can re-apply for the service.  We allocate this time frame in order to protect customers from getting re-peated hard hits to their credit score.

As of now, given the circumstances, the system will not provide the opportunity to run the qualification process until after the 60-day period completes.  My sincerest apology for the inconvenience you’ve encountered.  Let me know if you have any additional questions.       

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!