Community Forum

Wifi Hotspots - No Internet after connecting to Hotspots - Iphone 8

New Poster

Wifi Hotspots - No Internet after connecting to Hotspots - Iphone 8

So, I have an Iphone 8 and my wife has a Galaxy S9, both on Xfinity mobile.  When we are out in the same place and both phones are connected to the Xfinity hotspots, her phone can access the internet, but my Iphone 8 will not access the internet when connected to the same Xfinity Hotspot.  Is there a setting I need to change on my Iphone?  I have the Wifi app and I always keep the security profiles updated.  I don't know what else I need to do. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Wifi Hotspots - No Internet after connecting to Hotspots - Iphone 8

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the forum. Per the Xfinity hotspots, there is no restriction per account to the number of devices that can connect to a hotspot. Make sure your iPhone is on the latest version of the iOS which is 13.3.1. Also, I’ll have you remove your Xfinity Wifi profile from your iPhone 8 first and foremost. The profile itself is what creates the authentication. Please go in to;

Settings>General>Profile>then remove your Xfinity Profile.

After that, un-install the Xfinity Wifi Hotspot app. When you download the app again and sign in, that will prompt the app to re-create a profile for your device. Let me know what result you get.

Sincerely,
Chris

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Wifi Hotspots - No Internet after connecting to Hotspots - Iphone 8

I'm not having this same issue, but after reading your suggestion, i noticed that Settings>General>Profile no longer is on my phone after updating to the latest iOS version.  Any idea why this would be?