JDouglasK's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, March 30th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

WiFi-calling-frequent-drops-and-call-failed-issues - TAKE 2

The subject line above may seem similar to frequent readers on this forum.  For at least 18 months, this was the most read and commented thread on the forum, with hundreds of posts and many many customers with complaints about Wi-Fi calling and dropped calls.

Just the other day I was thinking how odd it was that I had not seen an update to the thread recently, as I was typically seeing responses almost daily.

Looks like instead of trying to find a solution, Comcast just decided to DELETE the thread, and with that, the complaints of many paying customers.

Basically, if you can't fix the problem, just hide it from the readers and pretend it doesn't exist.

NICE JOB COMCAST!  (and this comes from a 20 year ex-employee and stockholder)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

179 Messages

4 years ago

Hello...  There are a zillion threads about the issue.   Read the latest ones if convenient - lots of good new info - lots of new software updates for both handsets and apparently on the back-end too.    I am seeing major improvements as of this morning.    VERY GOOD TIMING in fixing the issues since so many people are on home/wifi now.     Kudos to the software people at google, samsung, apple, xfinity mobile who are prioritizing and fixing these issues.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I will assume that your response is some type of April Fool’s joke, because I see neither ‘a zillion’ posts about this issue, nor do I imagine the service is magically fixed after 2 years of issues.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

This issue is most certainly not fixed.  Until this morning I was a T-Mobile customer and I was successfully using Wi-Fi Calling most of the time. Today I swtiched to Xfinity Mobile only to find that Wi-Fi Calling does not work AT ALL.

Needless to say that, considering I was using Wi-Fi Calling just fine on T-Mobile this morning using the same iPhone and the same WifI signals, the iPhone or in-home network setup are NOT the problem. Xfinity Mobile is. Doing things like factory reset on the phone and everything else suggested by the support documentation aimed at dummies does not make single bit of difference.

The response from Customer Support? "Find an area with beter cell signal and try enabling Wi-Fi Calling again". They obviously do not even remotely understand the whole point of Wi-Fi Calling! If you have full cell signal you don't need Wi-Fi Calling - and enabling Wi-Fi Calling should not require full cell signal - it should only require Wi-FI internet access...

I guess I will be backing out of my move to Xfinity Mobile considering they cannot deliver the services they offered.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Wi-Fi Calling still not working today...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Previously my iPhone XR would randomly  connect to XM Wi-Fi and incoming calls would sometimes connect but the phone would always revert to call failed disconnects on incoming calls.  Shutting off Wi-Fi calling and then rebooting the phone would resolve the call disconnect problem.  This was with carrier settings Xfinity Mobile 40.0.

After the last 3 months or so of just leaving Wi-Fi calling "off"  because of the issues, I decided to see if they had miraculously fixed it.  

Today (April 2) I checked to see if XFinity had updated the carrier settings.  They are now at 41.0.  I turned Wi-Fi calling on and the phone immediately locked on XM Wi-Fi and has not flaked out as before.  Incoming calls have not been disconnected.  

I learned previously that just turning off Wi-Fi calling without rebooting the phone didn't fix the issues.  My iPhone XR is on iOS 13.4 with Carrier settings 41.0  (Settings -> General -> About -> Carrier).  This looks very promising - I don't know if Apple fixed this in iOS 13.4 or Xfinity fixed their carrier settings.  If the phone starts disconnecting calls again I'll update my post - FYI.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I can second your experience, ever since I updated to 13.4 yesterday, the phone has been locked to XM Wi-Fi and hasn't dropped any calls.

Fingers crossed!

Regular Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

Any updates on your wifi calling? Still working well after updates?
I was a frequent flyer on the other forum regarding wifi calling issue. Found it odd that there haven't been any updates so decided to check. I could not and still cannot believe they just deleted it. That sums it all up for this company. Shame

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Still actually working...phone has stayed locked onto my home wi-fi for almost a week.  No dropped calls since.

its a shame they deleted the thread, because it would have been nice to tell all the posters and viewers of the old thread that there might actually be a positive outcome to this whole mess.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here