Community Forum

WiFi Calling Not Working

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

WiFi Calling Not Working

I brought my iPhone Xs Max from AT&T to Xfinity yesterday. New sim installed, Shows LTE, everything else appears to be working, but the WiFi Calling.

It’s a loop... I toggle the WiFi calling; enter emergency address, once finished, I go back to check on it and the WiFi calling has been turned/toggled off.

I have tried Reset All Settings, Reset Network Setting and Erased All Content and Settings.

None have helped.

I have called Xfinity Mobile several times, just so they can tell me "Wi-Fi Calling is on by default on your account." I am not getting anywhere with them, and the store does not have the Mobile staff on hand right now.

I really need this WiFi calling to work. Please help.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: WiFi Calling Not Working

was the emergency address accepted?

Highlighted
New Poster

im running into the same problem.  The addresss gets accepted, you hit enable and everything is ok, but when you go to the next screen and wifi calling is turned off again. I'm coming from Sprint.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It appears to get accepted, but I dont think it is. I'll go beck one page and WiFi calling is off and if I try to trun it on again, it prompts me for the adress again. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'd also like to add; I have put my sim in another iPhone X that is on Verizon and it wont do WiFi calling, but if I take that sim from Verizon and put it in my iPhone X, WiFi calling wokrs fine. It's the hardware! Everything is pointing to the carrier.

Highlighted
New Poster

In addition to my iPhone X...  it does not work on my wife's iphone 7 either.   It's suffering from the same problem. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I would assume the phones you are having issues with are the ones you brought from Sprint?

Xfinity keeps blaming the fact my iPhone is a BYOD (I didn’t buy it from Xfinity), so they can’t do anything about the Wi-Fi calling issue. Well of course I could buy a phone from them and it would work.   The trickery here is sad and obvious.  None of this was EVER mentioned as a potential issue when I checked my IMEI on Xfinity's website to confirm compatibility.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

You need to have the latest iOS update and the latest carrier settings from earlier this month. The new carrier setting fixed my WiFi Calling

My iPhone now has iOS 13.4.1 and Carrier Xfintity Mobile 41.0 

Check you settings. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@DaveO3 

Same as yours.

Xfinity has now said, that since my iPhone was a Bring Your Own Device they could not take responsibility for the WiFi Calling not working.
So, I either have to buy a phone from Xfinity or leave.

Edit: spelling

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@Muscrat27

Doesn’t sound good. Re-check that your IMEI shown for you device in the XM app matches your IMEI.
Highlighted
Contributor

I am have the same issue with a brand new iPhone SE that was purchased from Xfinity Mobile and just activated yesterday.  I was on the phone with support for over an hour and the issue was not resolved.   I also cannot enable WiFi calling on an iPhone 6 on my account....

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@DaveO3 

Yes they match. 

If I go head and get a Pixel and it still doesnt work is my fear. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The mega thread about WiFi calling not working on iPhones (all models, BYOP or Xfinity) has been deleted. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just adding another data point. I also just activated a new iPhone SE purchased through XM for an existing XM line. I turn on the Wifi Calling, add the Emergency Address, it seems to take it, but when I hit the back arrow on the Wifi Calling detail page to go back to the main Phone settings page, it is already turned back off.

To be clear to everyone else in this thread porting over from another carrier, this is a XM issue, not a porting issue. My single line is over 2 years old with the original phone number and I purchsed my SE directly from XM. I am seeing the same exact problem everyone else is. There is no other carrier involved in my transaction at all. Buying a new phone through XM won't fix this issue for you. Don't let them talk you into attempting it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@DDR4040 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Slight change to the situation. I just tried to enable Wifi Calling again and it no longer allows me to enter an Emergency Address. I get the popup to enter the address, but before it shows me the fields to enter my address, I get a 2nd popup saying "Wifi Calling: To allow Wifi calling on this account, contact Xfinity Mobile." followed by an OK button.

This issue isn't very important to me. I get a decent signal in my apartment with no dropped or missed calls that I am aware of so far. No one has complained about poor call quality on the few calls I have made either. So I probably won't call XM about it unless something changes.

Highlighted
New Poster

Having same issue. Xifnintiy sent new SIM card. No help. Spent over an hour on phone with Apple support. Although the level 2 representative insisted that these Wi-Fi calling issues alwayhs are the responsibility of the carrier, yhey did a diagnostic download and just got back with me with the results. They confirmed that Apple engineers indicated that this is "an issue on both sides and are working with several carriers to resolve". The representative indicated that when resolved, it will be part of an update to IOS and they are going to email me when that occurs. So, I guess I have no choice other than to return to AT&T which I just left to switch to Xfinity. 

I also brought my own device (Apple X) which I purchased from an Apple Store and confirmed compatability with Xifnity Mobile before switching. Of course Xfinity tried to imply that because I didn't purchase the device from them they weren't responsible. One Xfinity representative even went so far to say that the issue was in my Wi-Fi network (which happens also to be Xfinity--go figure). My wife has the same model iPhone (Apple X) also purchased from an Apple Store, but running on Verizon. Wi-Fi calling works fine on her device and on the same Wi-Fi network. Hard to figure this out since Xfinity Mobile uses Verizon's celluar network. Seems here is definitly an incompatiability going on between Xfinity Mobile and Apple.

Highlighted
New Poster

hi thank you for this, I have 36.1 - how can i upgrade to 41.0?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just bought 2 new Iphone SEs from Xfinty. No wifi calling--just like several of the other messages. Went from ATT where I have had wireless calling for years w/o a hitch. Went to tier 2  Xfinity employee and he agreed it was the system and to keep checking back.

Highlighted
New Poster

I just brought an iPhone 8 Plus and an iPhone 6s from Sprint as well as an iPhone 8 Plus from AT&T to Xifnintiy Mobile. WiFi calling worked on all three devices prior to the switch and won’t work now. Having the same issue others are describing. It will seem to toggle on and take the emergency address but will toggle itself off as soon as I leave the screen. Spent over an hour on the phone with XM support only to be told I need to call Apple. Spent over 2 hours on the phone with Apple, reset to factory settings , tried turning WiFi calling on without using my backup to make sure there wasn’t an issue with my backup. Tried resetting carrier settings many times. Did full diagnostics. Nothing fixed the issue. Eventually I was told to call XM back. Again, WiFi calling worked great on all three phones before switching to XM.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've given up for the time being. I need to be in a certain state of mind + a rainy day to set aside time to deal with another session on this. ATT was $$ but it worked! So far this seems to be the only issue and fortunately I have good cell service at the house. It might be nice to get squared away for travel...🍀🍀

Highlighted
New Poster

Same issue. iPhone SE bought through Xfinity. Everything is up to date. On ios13.5, Xfinity 41.0.

Just get the endless loop to nowhere. Enable, go through 911 setup,  seems to register. The minute you are done and back out, WiFi calling is deselected.

Seems to be no resolution to the issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is it easy to describe how to upgrade/check on Xfinity 41.0?

thanks!

Frequent Visitor

BTW-if this is an Apple/iPhone issue I'd like to think it would get taken care of...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ceebeeoh 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201270

That is not the issue however.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi ho Muscrat27,

A couple things-I knew I needed phones as I had aging 6Ss so I waited for the SEs to become available and made the plunge from ATT and purchased my phones from Xfinity. Isn't it interesting that your wife has Verizon running on Xfinity internet with functioning WiFi calling! Especially when XM is running on Verizon system.  Anyhoo-I'd be a real grouch if we didn't have a good signal at home. Do check back if you hear anything-thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

Was having same problem. Apple walked me through these steps. Did a erase all content and settings reset. Set up as new phone. Then in the address field under WiFi calling option put the address EXACTLY how you have in on your bill. WIFI CALLING WORKED!

Next, reset phone again and reinstalled off I cloud back up. WiFi calling works.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Aubreedallas!

I'll give that a try. It won't be immediately but I'll get back to you here with my results. 
thanks, 

ceebeeoh

Highlighted
New Poster

Same problem with new 11 Pro Max bought from Apple. But entering the address exactly as on the bill WORKED!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi ho,

I reset my phone to 'your bidding' and all seems to be in order! Something VERY interesting-well to me anyway-is after my iPhone (New. SE from Xfinity) appeared squared away, I grabbed my wife's identical SE and it set right up on WiFi WITHOUT a reset. To to my challenged,  non tekky mind this was more of an account reset than an iPhone reset. 
Thanks so much for your time and input on this! 🍀

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi ho,

I reset my phone to 'your bidding' and all seems to be in order! Something VERY interesting-well to me anyway-is after my iPhone (New. SE from Xfinity) appeared squared away, I grabbed my wife's identical SE and it set right up on WiFi WITHOUT a reset. To to my challenged,  non tekky mind this was more of an account reset than an iPhone reset. 
Thanks so much for your time and input on this! 🍀

Highlighted
New Poster

THANK YOU!!!!  Entering the address exactly as it appears on the bill worked! I received a confirmation popup on my phone as well which I never received before. Phew. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is a good for most, but what if you are somewhere else, e.g., your cabin, or out of state and need to change your location for emergency?

I know this is possible because it could be done at AT&T.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you Aubreedallas!

I did it exactly how you described and it worked perfectly. I now have WI-FI calling. This is great! I couldn't use my cell phone at home without it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I would think going into settings and refill the form temporarily if phone doesn't auto ask if you would like to join a network. I suppose this  is kind of a weak link for the WiFi calling...

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I had the same issue of not being able to get wifi calling to work on two of three phones.  It wouldnt accept the address. Then I saw the thread on this and went to the phone that it was working on and then entered the address in the other phones EXACTLY the same way and it worked.  I think I was typing Road for my street address and it should have been Rd.  I still have one phone I need to port over which has a lock on it. I assume this wont be a problem.  I don't understand why it has to be exact.  My daughter is away at grad school and her address isn't our home address for 911 purposes.  Thanks for all the previous posts!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

tjfiebig-

glad things are working and hope you get the other phone set up. I'm just a guy with an abacus but it seems in 2020 a form could be filled out successfully interchanging 'road' and 'rd'! Shades of DOS...

good luck

Highlighted
New Poster

Im having the same issue with my newly bought Samsung Galaxy S10+ from Xfinity. Ive done the same things as listed above. I have to shut down and reboot my phone to recieve text messages and to make phine calls. Note: THIS IS STILL HAPPENING WHILE IN AN AREA OF FULL 4G COVERAGE. Xfinity has no clue how to fix the problem and doesnt believe that swapping out the Device will do anything. 

Highlighted
New Poster

As for others in this thread, entering the emergency address EXACTLY as it appears on my bill ( meaning Rge instead of Ridge ... geeesh) did the trick, provided that I also enable airplane mode (which I didn’t have to do with Verizon but apparently have to do with XM). No reset was needed.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ho Zootoid,

Interesting how varied this seems to be with something with such large numbers as a phone and a cellular system. I tried the Airplane mode early on w/o success. I have checked mine a couple times to make sure the setting hasn't changed...I should keep the faith!

thanks 

Highlighted
New Poster

PROBLEM SOLVED. Re: WiFi Calling Not Working

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GO TO UPDATE EMERGENCY ADDRESS.  MAKE SURE YOUR EMERGENCY ADDRESS EXACTLY MATCHES YOUR SERVICE ADDDRESS (NOT BILLING ADDRESS).   SHOULD WORK IMMEDIATELY. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: PROBLEM SOLVED. Re: WiFi Calling Not Working

Keep in mind Mobileguru2 that at least some of us either didn't have the emergency address form appear at all, or, filled it out, it disappeared, and the WiFi calling toggled off. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Although my billing is the same as my service, that’s a good point.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

You would think that xfinity would tell their customer service this information.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It's not just infinity also Verizon, you have to compete emergency info.
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes this worked for me. Have iPhone se that set up without a problem but iPhone 11 I got from Xfinity would not. The correct address from m billing (mine says APT A even though single family but was from years ago I). Anyway this billing address fix worked..but so silly for Cfinity not to let folks know.
Highlighted
New Poster

Unfortunately didn't work form me.

Got a brand new iPhone SE unlocked, signed up with xFinity and wifi-calling does not work. Reset completely and entered address EXACTLY as service address (which in my case is the same as billing address). Still turns off as everybody else described... giving up for now....

Highlighted
New Poster

I've been battling this since swithcing to Xfinity mobile. Had ATT before, worked seamlessly on same routher and connection. iPhone Xs purchased from Xfinity when I switched. Calls drop almost every time when answered at home. I get 1 bar in my house, and it rarely switches to WiFi calling. I've tried every trick in every thread I've found and nothing works. On the latest carrier software and iOS update. Sometimes I can force it to WiFi calling by messing with the settings and resubmitting emergency address for the 100th time, but usually it doesn't work. My phone is functionally useless at home due to this. This is a problem that's been going on for YEARS and Xfinity has yet to address it properly. I'd switch back to ATT in a heartbeat if I could afford it. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Finally a solution.  I only needed to turn my iPhone off to reset the address input for enabling wifi calling toggle. Put address in exactly as on my Comcast bill, get a pop-up message that you're sure you want to do this, and VIOLA, it works. My only change was Lane to LN.   I spent several days with Apple and they didn't tell me to make sure the address was the same as on your Comcast bill.   Xfinity should of known.  Thanks. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks. Don't have great cell at home.