koenig007's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, January 14th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

What steps do I need to do replace a phone

I need to replace a phone (iPhone SE) due to damage. I purchased it directly from Xfinity and do not have insurance, so will be purchasing a new iPhone. The question is what steps do I need to take to successfully activate a replacement phone. Most likely I will be purchasing from an Xfinity stiore versus online. I see multiple posts regarding issues with BYOD phones being activated as replacement phones and do not want to encounter issues by not purchasing/activating the new iPhone correctly.

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

65 Messages

4 years ago

Hello koenig007, thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Mobile team on the Forum. I am sorry to hear about your current device. I will be happy to provide you information on replacing your device.

Upgrading your line is generally easy to complete. If your current device is paid in full, you’d qualify for an upgrade on the line. If you are purchasing a new device from us, there’s really nothing much needed on your part except for you to choose the type of device and go through the purchase process. If your current device is not paid in full, you’d have to pay off the remaining balance in order to be eligible for the upgrade.

If you have a device you’d like to activate on your line, my recommendation is to complete this with me. Sometimes when bringing your own device can get sticky since we must go through a process to complete this under your number. I hope this helps clarify things for you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the info. I do not have the old phone yet, hopefully I get it tomorrow. The iPhone SE is fully paid off. Can I go to the Xfinity store and buy a new iPhone 8 without having the old iPhone SE with me and then activate after I receive the old phone and swap the SIM? If they do not have an iPhone 8 in space gray then I will have to buy from the Apple store and understand actvating can encounter some issues. In this case which version should I get from the Apple store, the Verizon or unlocked iPhone 8? Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

65 Messages

4 years ago

Koenig007, thank you for the update. To answer your question, yes you can go to the store to purchase a new device without having your old one on hand. If they do not have the device available in store you can purchase an unlocked device from Apple. You can tell them you are going to activate it with Xfinity Mobile. They will be able to let you know and provide you a device compatible with our network. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here