Community Forum

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy phones to work with XM - A10 A20 A50 A51 A70 A71 S9 S20

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Unlocked Samsung Galaxy phones to work with XM - A10 A20 A50 A51 A70 A71 S9 S20

Hello,

I am an existing XM customer with current phone of Samsung S8+, I want to now change the phone to any of the above mentioned Samsung Galaxy phones (Unlocked).

I am reading all mixed comments on bringing unlocked phones to XM and its compatibility with XM, considering CDMA/GSM network bands etc.

If I do a sample IMEI test for any of these unlocked phones on the BYOP site, it turns out to be not compatible.

How do I know that what Samsung galaxy (unlocked) phone is supported by XM?

What is the exact criteria for my exisiting XM SIM to work with a new unlocked SIM?

For example - should it support CDMA or GSM

Should i look for particular Network bands for CDMA LTE etc?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy phones to work with XM - A10 A20 A50 A51 A70 A71 S9 S20

Hi @shar8174   Thank you for posting your question regarding compatible phones.  Here is a list of the Samsung devices that are currenly supported on the Xfinity Mobile network:

Most of the Samsung devices except for the following;

A10 A51 A71 and any imei that ends in AU.  Please also use the BYOD compatibility checker on Xfinity.com/mobile website prior to purchase just to confirm.

I hope this helps.
Laura

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Unlocked Samsung Galaxy phones to work with XM - A10 A20 A50 A51 A70 A71 S9 S20

Thanks Laura.

I was specifically looking for A51 and A71. Since now these phones are launched (04/09/2020) with both Verizon and Sprint, should we expect Xfinity to work with either of these phones?

If not, is there any plans from Xfinity to have these phones available?(When?)

I did not understand about last two as 'AU' in IMEI number, since IMEI is just numeric, not alpha numeric. Can you please elaborate?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm in the same boat. I'm very interested in XM and want an A51, but I don't have a number to transfer. With no deal the XM store price is stupidly inflated.  Any progress with your efforts?