Community Forum

Samsung LTE watch won't work with xfinity.

New Poster

Samsung LTE watch won't work with xfinity.

I just ordered a Samsung Active2 Watch for my son for Christmas.  NOW I hear that Xfinity does not support it on LTE????  What the heck Xfinity.  Every other mobile service does.  What is your problem????  Do I have to return the Watch?  

Official Employee

Re: Samsung LTE watch won't work with xfinity.

Hello garyg1990,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Xfinity Forum!  It’ll be my pleasure to provide further assistance with this issue, or any other question you may have regarding your Xfinity Mobile service.

My apologies for the inconvenience you’ve encounter.  As of now, as it pertains to cellular connectivity for smart watches, we only support Apple Watches series 3, 4, and 5.  Please know that we continually assess the services on offer to our customers in order to continue to build and expand the Xfintiy Mobile product.

Recently, we expanded our BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program for mobile phones to include Samsung Galaxy and Note devices.  I anticipate that we may do this as well for the watch portion of the program.  I'll keep the forum posted with any updates.  Thank you again for your time, patience, and understanding.      

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!