Community Forum

Samsung LTE watch won't work with xfinity.

Highlighted
New Poster

Samsung LTE watch won't work with xfinity.

I just ordered a Samsung Active2 Watch for my son for Christmas.  NOW I hear that Xfinity does not support it on LTE????  What the heck Xfinity.  Every other mobile service does.  What is your problem????  Do I have to return the Watch?  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Samsung LTE watch won't work with xfinity.

Hello garyg1990,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Xfinity Forum!  It’ll be my pleasure to provide further assistance with this issue, or any other question you may have regarding your Xfinity Mobile service.

My apologies for the inconvenience you’ve encounter.  As of now, as it pertains to cellular connectivity for smart watches, we only support Apple Watches series 3, 4, and 5.  Please know that we continually assess the services on offer to our customers in order to continue to build and expand the Xfintiy Mobile product.

Recently, we expanded our BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program for mobile phones to include Samsung Galaxy and Note devices.  I anticipate that we may do this as well for the watch portion of the program.  I'll keep the forum posted with any updates.  Thank you again for your time, patience, and understanding.      

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Do you have an update?   I would love to get services on my watch that way I can run without my phone and still able to talk with people if the need arrives.

Highlighted
New Poster

I'd like an update as well. I was wanting to buy a Samsung watch but won't if I can't use Xfinity with it.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Ditto, I'm considering purchasing a Samsung LTE.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello,

Many thanks for the continued interest, patience, and support. There has been no change to the status of the situation. Currently, Xfinity Mobile only supports eSIM for Apple Watches.  When I get more info, I'll make sure to let the thread know.  Thanks  again! 

Chris

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Is there a platform where consumers can express their desire for Xfinity to support our Samsung watches? We would like to get this message through the necessary channels that have the authority to implement this feature within the company, please. The wait has been long enough and quite frankly it is somewhat of an insult to Samsung users that the company is primarily and/or only concerned with accomodating IOS users. It is discourteous to assume that everyone is an IOS fan. The Android fan base is prevalent as well. Thank you so much for your time.

@queendomuniverse

Highlighted
New Poster

I have used smartwatches since 2013, I was so excited when i heard galaxy came up with a LTE feature because MY XFINITY ACCOUNT ALLOWS ME TO GET AS MANY LINES AS I WANT WITH CALLS AND TEXT FOR FREE! Oh wait... they only pander to the Apple community because their watches work, but not android! WHAT? Seriously xfinity guys, you have to add this capability, i already bought the watch and i dont want to have to activate it with another carrier.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why would any service provider sell a Galaxy phone to customers but not support the compatible Galxy watch with it? 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I won't switch to xfinity until its supported. Pretty lame
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I think I may switch providers. I hope they correct it fast. My T mobile sim is on standby.
Highlighted
New Poster

I was just told tonight that I can bring my Galaxy Smartwatch, it has to be activated in the store though.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

If you try activating it with Xfinity, can you please let us know the results? I will give it a try and post back later when I find time and a location to go to.

Highlighted
New Poster

Were you able to activate your watch with Xfinity? I really want to buy one but will switch carriers if Xfinity doesn't make this right ASAP! Thanks for any info you can provide
Highlighted
New Poster

It's June 2020. Love to have an update on when Xfinity will support Samsung LTE watches - please!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My local xfinity store appears to be closed for covid 19. Will update when I can get in there and talk to someone. Called Xfinity, they told me "we can't support galaxy watch at this time." Nobody I have spoken with at xfinity by phone had ever said anything else.
Highlighted
New Poster

Everyone on this thread has been waiting at least 6 months and they still don't offer Samsung watches..

Should we all switch providers to someone who supports their customers?
Highlighted
New Poster

I have also been watching and waiting to switch to Xfinity Mobile from Verizon but don't want to make the switch until my Samsung watch is supported.  I believe there are many of us waiting and watching!  

Highlighted
New Poster

Yeah I'm Still waiting as well  this is ridiculous !!!!     not to mention that their prices seem to have gone up  even on phones in Jan i bought a phone from comcast  the same exact phone is now $75 more. WTH !!!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

Bump
Any progress here?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No update yet. I can' t find an opened Xfinity customer service center to go to in order to try activating my watch. Just using bluetooth for the time being. I know T-mobile will do a phone share for an extra 15 a month for galaxywatch. Once their network upgrades have been implemented in the area I work, I plan to switch back to them. Unless ofcourse Xfinity starts supporting them.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can you please give us an udate to provide service for a Samsung Active 2 Watch?

Verizon provides this service to their customers.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply.

Do you at least have a timeframe or someone that we can contact to help speed up this process.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Can you tell the reason why Samsung wearables are not available through comcast mobile? I have paid thousands of dollars over many years with your company. We at  the very least deserve an explanation, considering Verizon covers Samsung Wearables.

New Poster

Has there been any update. I can go to my local store tonight to see if they will activate.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Please do if you can. Maybe we will finally have an answer. My stores are still closed for the pandemic.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

When I bought my son his Samsung A50 phone from Best Buy so he could join my plan we went to Xfinity Store to activate... run around infinity... "You must buy that EXACT phone from us" 🤬. So we did ($250 Best Buy flushed). Paid hmm $400ish for his phone and at same time was Explaining he needed a Smartwatch with independant connectivity. Bluethooth DOES NOT work in his warehouse.  "Sure, buy a Samsung LTE, activate it on your plan for just a couple extra bucks per month".

After that confirmed with phone agent can add Samsung LTE to my Xfinity Phone plan just activate in store, couple extra bucks a month....

Grrrrrrrrr!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Maybe tomorrow we will get some traction. New galaxy watch is coming out.

Sorry it reads like you got a watch to work?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Please let us know who we can contact to get further information.
Whoever monitors this site obviously is to busy.
This is a remote site that I stumbled on in my quest. Please advise your customers on updates etc. . I am sure there are thousands of others wondering the same.

Thank you
Highlighted
New Poster

I just ordered my Samsung Watch 3 (LTE) (orders opened today) a couple of hours ago....and then had to read this thread 😞

Anyone with success with any LTE watch?  Recalling one user declaring success after going to a store to activate.

It is quite strange that for xfinity to be using the Verizon Network and having issues with enabling a watch on it.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

My guess is they made a "Deal" with Apple. That's how I ended up with an iPhone8 and Xfinity Svc. I'd always had Verizon, they were using Verizons network, so for same $$ I was paying Verizon I got same service new iPhone8 for same monthly price.

So...... 🤔

Highlighted
New Poster

I chatted with an agent online today and got the stock answer that they are looking into it and will let us all know on their website when that happens.  Non-answer I guess

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sooo, apparently the watches are using the same phone line and same phone number. Its called number share or line share depending on who you ask. A lot of the MVNOs cannot do a number share without the parent network approving it. In this case, Verizon controls which MVNOs can utilize this feature and those who cannot. Verizon, T-Mobile, and ATT all support this feature. After researching the subject, I have found most MVNOs do not support this feature due to extra cost, or just because the parent network wants exclusivity for their customers to prevent everyone from moving over to the many MVNOs. It is good news however, that Xfinity Mobile has the capability to do so with Apple Watch. That is a positive, since they are one of the only Mobile Virtual Netwok Operators out there who do support this. I am feeling confident they can strike a deal with Verizon to enable us to use our 4g galaxy watches in the near future. If you need this feature now, T Mobile is my favorite over ATT. Verizon seems soooooo exspensive. However, their network is the most reliable when coverage is an issue. Just my experience where I live in Florida.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just purchased the new Samsung Galaxy 3 LTE watch so I'm very interested in Xfinity Mobile's service. Today I saw this website dated July 22, 2020... https://internet-access-guide.com/xfinity-mobile-samsung-watch/?unapproved=43914&moderation-hash=ac2...

It seems very clear that Xfinity mobile is going to support the Samsung Galaxy watch, but I just called and spoke with them and they didn't know anything about it.   If anyone gets to a store and gets it activated, please let us know.

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes I'm the same boat.(got my sammy galaxy watch 3 yesterday)  See my posts a couple of pages back.  Yes the capability as another user abovenoted is called numbershare.  And since Apple has it why not other watches?