garyg1990's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 1st, 2019 5:00 PM

Closed

Samsung LTE watch won't work with xfinity.

I just ordered a Samsung Active2 Watch for my son for Christmas.  NOW I hear that Xfinity does not support it on LTE????  What the heck Xfinity.  Every other mobile service does.  What is your problem????  Do I have to return the Watch?  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello garyg1990,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Xfinity Forum!  It’ll be my pleasure to provide further assistance with this issue, or any other question you may have regarding your Xfinity Mobile service.

My apologies for the inconvenience you’ve encounter.  As of now, as it pertains to cellular connectivity for smart watches, we only support Apple Watches series 3, 4, and 5.  Please know that we continually assess the services on offer to our customers in order to continue to build and expand the Xfintiy Mobile product.

Recently, we expanded our BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program for mobile phones to include Samsung Galaxy and Note devices.  I anticipate that we may do this as well for the watch portion of the program.  I'll keep the forum posted with any updates.  Thank you again for your time, patience, and understanding.      

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Do you have an update?   I would love to get services on my watch that way I can run without my phone and still able to talk with people if the need arrives.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'd like an update as well. I was wanting to buy a Samsung watch but won't if I can't use Xfinity with it.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Ditto, I'm considering purchasing a Samsung LTE.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

Many thanks for the continued interest, patience, and support. There has been no change to the status of the situation. Currently, Xfinity Mobile only supports eSIM for Apple Watches.  When I get more info, I'll make sure to let the thread know.  Thanks  again! 

Chris

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is there a platform where consumers can express their desire for Xfinity to support our Samsung watches? We would like to get this message through the necessary channels that have the authority to implement this feature within the company, please. The wait has been long enough and quite frankly it is somewhat of an insult to Samsung users that the company is primarily and/or only concerned with accomodating IOS users. It is discourteous to assume that everyone is an IOS fan. The Android fan base is prevalent as well. Thank you so much for your time.

@queendomuniverse

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have used smartwatches since 2013, I was so excited when i heard galaxy came up with a LTE feature because MY XFINITY ACCOUNT ALLOWS ME TO GET AS MANY LINES AS I WANT WITH CALLS AND TEXT FOR FREE! Oh wait... they only pander to the Apple community because their watches work, but not android! WHAT? Seriously xfinity guys, you have to add this capability, i already bought the watch and i dont want to have to activate it with another carrier.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Why would any service provider sell a Galaxy phone to customers but not support the compatible Galxy watch with it? 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I won't switch to xfinity until its supported. Pretty lame

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah, I think I may switch providers. I hope they correct it fast. My T mobile sim is on standby.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I was just told tonight that I can bring my Galaxy Smartwatch, it has to be activated in the store though.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

If you try activating it with Xfinity, can you please let us know the results? I will give it a try and post back later when I find time and a location to go to.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Were you able to activate your watch with Xfinity? I really want to buy one but will switch carriers if Xfinity doesn't make this right ASAP! Thanks for any info you can provide

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

It's June 2020. Love to have an update on when Xfinity will support Samsung LTE watches - please!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

My local xfinity store appears to be closed for covid 19. Will update when I can get in there and talk to someone. Called Xfinity, they told me "we can't support galaxy watch at this time." Nobody I have spoken with at xfinity by phone had ever said anything else.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here