Community Forum

QUESTION ON IMEI NUMBER

larry1432
Regular Visitor

QUESTION ON IMEI NUMBER

My daughter bought a new iPhone and gave my wife her old iPhone 7 plus to replace the iPhone 7 my wife is now using with xfiniity mobile.  Should I switch the SIM card to the new iPhone and get you to update the IMEI number or should I go to the xfinity store and get a mew SIM card for the new iPhone 7 plus?

rightfooted
Expert

Re: QUESTION ON IMEI NUMBER

It can't be done in the store. Call 888-936-4968. I went through the process recently, after I bought a new phone and gave my husband my old phone after his was damaged. The store was able to activate my number onto the new phone, but I had to call to have my husband's number activated onto my old phone. Make sure to call when you have some spare time, because it might take a while. I don't believe that's normally the case, but I think I may have had a unique issue.

See https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/bring-your-own-phone-details , about halfway down the page, Bringing a device to an existing line.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!