Community Forum

Port In from Google Voice to Xfinity is delayed

New Poster

Port In from Google Voice to Xfinity is delayed

I bought a new mobile device from Xfinity Store and ported in a number from Google Voice. It has been 3 days and my number is not activated yet. This is causing immense inconvenience. Customer Support has asked to wait for 7 days which is a pretty long time. Any suggestions to speed up the Port In process from Google Voice? Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Port In from Google Voice to Xfinity is delayed

Hello priyatham,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Xfinity forum. I will be more than happy to assist. Technically speaking, Google Voice is considered a landline and the usual time frame for a landline number to port is 5-7 business days. Additionally, if your Google Voice number originated with Google, there is a fee associated with porting out.

If the fee was not paid, Google will cancel the port-out request. Let me know if the port completed already. If it has not, reach out to me through private message by clicking on my name ‘ComcastChrisL’ and then click on ‘send message’. You need to be signed in to be able to send private messages. In your private message make sure to include first and last name of the account holder, the full account number, and the last 4 digits of the stored payment method on file. Finally make sure to include the telephone number you are looking to port in.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!