Community Forum

[Pixel BYOD] no voicemail notifications or transcriptions

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

[Pixel BYOD] no voicemail notifications or transcriptions

I have recently switched my whole family from Google Fi to Xfinity (BYOD Pixel 1 for all of us).

Today my wife asked me why aren't we receiving any voicemail notifications. I looked at it, and indeed, we are receiving voice mails but the only way to access those is to call your own number.

I went ahead and installed Xfinity Mobile Voicemail app from Google Play Store. It showed a screen telling me to use default voicemail app (which is the rightmost tab in Phone app). Nevertheless, the default voicemail app does not show anything.

Both Xfinity mobile (https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-access-voicemail-android-phone) and Google (https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/2811844?hl=en) tells that the visual voicemail should work, and yet it does not.

Is there a way to make it work? // cc @ComcastChrisL 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: [Pixel BYOD] no voicemail notifications or transcriptions

I am having the same problem, on two different new pixel 3a phones.

Xfinity Mobile Voicemail says that voicemail has moved and to use the phone's native voicemail app.  But the voicemail app has nothing there, no record of numbers, no transcription, nothing. 

I chatted with an agent whose idea was that I have to call voicemail after every missed call to see if I have a message or not.

Xfinity says that all google pixels are available to be used on xfinity mobile, and my imei showed compatible, but no voicemail notifications is a pretty big deal.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This has been resolved for me thanks to another poster's advice... an xfinity customer service agent had to set my service to Basic Visual Voicemail on their end.  The person I did the online chat with was unhelpful, and the first person on the phone didn't know what to do, but the second person did.  See my post here for more info: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/No-notification-of-voicemails/m-p/3303524/highlight/tru...

I hope you got it figured out, too!

Highlighted
New Poster

I had L2 support downgrade me to basic as suggested. She said it has only worked about 80% of the time and that was the only option they had. So up until now it looks like I have tried all troubleshooting steps with no luck. Phone reset, network reset, voicemail reset, Uninstall updates from phone app, downgrade to basic voicemail via xfinity support, change various vm settings etc.. I was told there is a more pressing matter with galaxy phones not getting mms right now that they are focused on. Guess we just have to wait.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the link. I got a line for my mom with a new Pixel 3 XL and voicemail notification is not working. I don't want to call technical support and be told to reset my network settings or the phone.