Community Forum

Phone calls dropping

Highlighted
New Poster

Phone calls dropping

I contacted Xfinity before and they gave me a number to dial after the 6th dropped call.  Did NOT work and it's to the point now I can barely get through a short conversation.  I've tried different areas in the home, etc.  Extremely frustrated.  Price good but it's becoming worthless.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Phone calls dropping

Your problem may be with WiFi Calling not working properly on your phone. Does it work okay without WiFi Calling enabled?

1.) Make sure that you have the latest Xfinity Mobile software on your phone (Xfinity Mobile 41.0).
2.) Make sure that your phones latest software is installed on your phone. 

3.) See the latest posts on WiFi Calling. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Phone calls dropping

If your phone is equipped with Wi-Fi calling you’re walking away from the Wi-Fi connection or the Verizon signal is too weak. Most phones rely on Wi-Fi calling, so if you’re in an area where there is Internet Connection, it will use that.
Now if you’re connected to the Internet while you’re making a phone call and you walk away from the Internet area, Your phone your phone will drop the call because the Internet went away.
To stop this, if you know you’re going to be away from the Internet Connection, just turn it off. Turn off the Wi-Fi for that time that you will be roaming. You’ll be on the Verizon cell network only and you’re relying on their connection and that the Internet.