DDR4040's profile

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Tuesday, April 28th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

New iPhone SE Visual Voicemail Not Available

I purchased a new iPhone SE as a replacement on my existing line. When I went to the Voicemail tab in my phone app, there was no "Set Up Now" option. The only option on the page is "Call Voicemail". I did make the call to Voicemail and selected my Pin. I rebooted my phone and still only had the Call Voicemail option. I tried turning Cellular Data on and off and rebooting, no help. I put it in Airplane mode for a minute or two then rebooted, no help.

My mother has had a few iPhones on XM for the last couple of years and ran into this problem on more than one occasion. Enough that I had bookmarked the very long and very helpful thread that used to be on this forum. I tried going to that thread via my bookmark, but it has mysteriously disappeared. If anyone can point me in the right direction to help solve this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello @DDR4040,

In case you are still needing assistance with this, I am more than happy to help, and please pardon my untimely intervention.

Given that your previous device on the same mobile line was an Android phone, likely, the features are still the ones needed for Android devices.

If you still require someone to look into this for you, by all means reach out to me via private message by clicking on my name ComcastChrisL, and from my profile page, click on the blue ‘send a message’ button.

For account access and authentication, in your private message, please include the following;

First and last name, complete service address, mobile number, and the last 4 digits of the card on file.

Many thanks for choosing Xfinity Mobile!

Chris

P.S. In case your post has gone unaddressed, please note that you can always reach out to any Official Comcast Employee by clicking on the Employee name and from the profile page select the blue ‘send a message’ button. Know that we are here to help.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

4 years ago

Try re-setting your network settings?

Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.         Power Off and On again

You will have to re-enter you WiFi passwords

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I did have Siri disabled, but I enabled it and rebooted and I'm still only getting the Call Voicemail option. I am pretty sure I will need some intervention from XM at some point to reprovision the line.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

4 years ago

You may need to have Siri turned on?

Settings, Siri & Search, Press Home fo Siri.             toggle On

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Tried that one too. No luck, but thanks for the suggestion. The problem as I see it is that my previous phone on this line was an android phone with the stand alone Xfinity voicemail app. My account voicemail was already setup for that so when I activated the SE, the iPhone didn't offer me the Set Up Now screen because it was flagged as previously set up. The SE will never get Visual Voicemail without me hitting that screen. Reprovisioning the line would hopefully reset that flag. We will see.

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

4 years ago

Here are a couple of options:

1.) Turn on your old android phone, open the Xfinity Voicemail App, and see if there is an option to remove or uninstall the app. You may need to put your sim back into the old phone. 

2.) Send email vvm_support@xfinitymobile.com

Good luck

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks again for taking the time to try and help me get this sorted out. I do appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I purchased my last 2 android phones through XM and both had the Voicemail app preinstalled, so I can't delete them. I did uninstall all of the updates and disabled them, but that just basically hides them. I even went back and retried all of the Airplane mode, Siri, Network settings and cell data tricks to try and get it to reset and give me something other than Call Voicemail option. No luck. I wouldn't even mind not having Visual Voicemail and manually dialing in to hear my messages, but in my current state the iPhone never even alerts me that I have voicemails waiting to be heard. I left myself 3 new voicemails today and my iPhone never acknowledged  or notified me of any of them. That's unacceptable for me.

I was hoping a Comcast employee would eventually wander by and take pity on me and offer to help me reprovision my line. I know better than to try the 800 number or chat where they won't understand the issue or just have me try the other things I have already tried multiple times. I may try that email you posted since it seems to be a Visual Voicemail specific address. Thanks again for that.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for your offer @ComcastChrisL . Private message sent.

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I sent Chris my info via PM and he was able reset my voicemail settings. I powered down my SE and the option to Setup Voicemail was there in the Phone app. I set my PIN and Visual Voicemail is now working as usual. Thanks Chris.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi @ComcastChrisL,

I'm having this same problem (can't set up Visual Voicemail after switching from an Android phone to an iPhone SE 2020 model). Can you fix this for me? For some reason, when clicking on your profile, I do not see the option to send you a private message.

Thanks in advance!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I did what @miyako stated (just switched from Note 20 Ultra to iPhone 12 Pro Max). 

Contact Support via chat and ask them to reach out to Voicemail Tier 2 Support and do the following:

1. Change your voicemail from Android to Apple in Verizon’s systems.
  2. Remove voicemail from my account then re-add it.

Once they are done, you will be asked to perform a network reset and presto, visual voicemail is working!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi Joshua, thank for the info!

I spent hours on the phone, chat and also in person at the local xfinity store and nobody knew how to fix the problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi @ComcastChrisL 

I am experiencing the same issue. I have an iPhone SE, and I am not able to access the visual voicemail. I was not able to send you a private message.

Would you be able to help?

Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_b70036! Thank you so much for reaching out to us over our Community Forums. Our Xfinity Mobile support has changed just a bit over our Community Forums. In order to have your visual voicemail enabled on your iPhone, you will need to reach out to the Xfinity Mobile team directly. You can connect with the team by chatting at https://comca.st/3y7gmMD. Or you can call or text the team at 888-936-4968. 

Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here