Community Forum

New iPhone 11 can’t get Xfinitywifi hotspots to work

New Poster

New iPhone 11 can’t get Xfinitywifi hotspots to work

I'm at my wits end with my issue connecting to xfinitywifi hotspots. I upgraded from an iPhone 8 to an 11 three weeks ago and haven't been able to use any xfinitywifi hotspots since. I've spent at least six hours talking with Comcast support, gone to an xFinity store and talking with an Apple Genius and nothing had changed. 

Here's what happens. My iPhone shows it's connected and has a strong signal but I can't use the Internet.  I've clicked Forget This Network, downloaded and set up the hotspots app, installed an xFinity secure profile, Reset Network Settings on the phone, reset the phone, reset the phone and started new rather than setting up from my backup and none of that worked. I even went to manage Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Connected Devices and removed my phone from there but the login page doesn't come up when I try to connect to the hotspot. 

My iPhone connects perfectly to my home WiFi and every other public WiFi but xFinity WiFi hotspots. I've tried with multiple devices, including my wife's iPhone 11 and my old iPhone 5s, and they connect perfectly. I'm convinced it's something in the Xfinity system but I can't get to anyone that can really do something about it. The Xfinity WiFi hotspots think I'm logged in but I'm not really. Anyone have any suggestion or know how to get a real Comcast tech on the phone (rather than a call center support person)?

Regular Contributor

Re: New iPhone 11 can’t get Xfinitywifi hotspots to work

Maybe this Link will help

Expert

Check your link.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

The link doesn't work.

Regular Visitor

I am having the exact same problem☹️

New Poster