Community Forum

Motorola Moto G 7 will only send and receive texts to a single phone number and will not a group

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Motorola Moto G 7 will only send and receive texts to a single phone number and will not a group

New Motorola Moto G 7 will only send and receive texts to a single phone number and will not do the same to a group of two or more.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Official Employee

Re: Motorola Moto G 7 will only send and receive texts to a single phone number and will not a group

Hi BarryNVa, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Mobile through the Forum. I am sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with your group messaging. I can certainly provide troubleshooting help.

I have a few questions for you. Have you’ve already completed any troubleshooting steps this far? If so, what has been completed? Were you able to send a group message previously?

Can you please ensure your settings are set to allow group messaging? Here are the steps to confirm your settings are correct.

• Touch Messages.
  • Touch Settings.
  • Touch Advanced.
  • Touch Group messaging.
  • Ensure Send an MMS reply to all recipients (group MMS) is selected.

Please let me know if this helped. I look forward to hearing from you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Motorola Moto G 7 will only send and receive texts to a single phone number and will not a group

Yes, Thank you all is well on the phone.....  The phone had a software update and the default setting was changed back.   Reveresed the setting and now working as advertised.

Highlighted
Official Employee

BarryNVa, thanks for the update! I am happy to hear it is now working. Please feel free to reach out for any future questions or concerns as we are here to help. I hope you have a good day, thank you for being the best part of Xfinity Mobile!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!