Community Forum

IMEI Updates for new BYOD phones

Frequent Visitor

IMEI Updates for new BYOD phones

Hello, can someone reach out help me to resolve updating the IMEIs for our phones.

I have been trying to get this resolved for over a month now. Previously had 4 BYOD iPhones. Bought 4 new ones and have swapped SIMs.

Trying to give two of them to my in-laws so that they can sign up for Xfinity mobile, but they can't while XFM thinks the phones are already in use. All phones are SIM unlocked, I can provide old and new details if someone can step up to help me.

Already spent About 1 hour on chat on 9/21

Tried a post of reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/d7vgbg/changing_phones_and_imei_for_lines/

40 minutes in the Xfinity store on 9/29. Associate said he would open an escalation ticket, but I don't have a number as he said he needed his manager to approve it first.

It is now almost 5 additional weeks and phones are still in the same state.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: IMEI Updates for new BYOD phones

Hi MRNH, my apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for reaching out to us on the Xfinity Mobile Forum. We appreciate your patience as I am just now responding to your request. Have you already received assistance with your devices? If you have, please feel free to reach out to us for any further concerns.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!