Community Forum

Galaxy MMS sending and receiving issue

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Galaxy MMS sending and receiving issue

We recently switched from AT&T to Xfinity Mobile and in the process purchased the two Samsung Galaxy A50's from Xfinity for my wife and myself. We activated both phones recently and initially everything functioned properly. On Sunday, 2/9, they both received a 426 Mb firmware update. Since that update neither phone can send nor receive MMS messages unless I disable WiFi. Both phones received another 126 Mb firmware update on 2/19 which unfortunately did not resolve the issue- it appears to have been the February security update. Both A50’s are currently on version A505USQS4ATA3. Our son’s unlocked Galaxy S8 had performed flawlessly on the AT&T network since we purchased it, however as soon as we inserted the Xfinity SIM card and activated the Xfinity Mobile service he encountered the identical MMS issues our A50’s are experiencing. I have tried two third-party messaging apps- both with the same result. I have tried it with Wi-Fi calling on and off- it makes no difference. I have checked the APN settings and they appear to be correct. I have reset the network settings, cleared the device cache, and finally performed a full factory reset- all to no avail. I have contacted both Samsung and Xfinity support, also to no avail- each blames the other. This is extremely inconvenient because both my wife and I have elderly parents we are managing and communicating via group text messages is critical to us. I am hoping that perhaps you can help me / us resolve this issue. Thank you for your time- I appreciate it very much!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Galaxy MMS sending and receiving issue

We had the same issue with an S10. I went into the settings> connections> mobile networks> network mode> There, I changed from Global to LTE/CDMA. The MMS went through with wifi on. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Galaxy MMS sending and receiving issue

Thanks!

Unfortunately the only options I have are "Automatic" and "Manual". All of the sub-menus are grayed out.

Our two Galaxy A50's received another 120 Mb update two days ago to version A505USQS5ATB3, however this also appears to have been primarily a security update and did not resolve the MMS issue.

I am rapidly running out of patience with this- neither Samsung nor Comcast / Xfinity seem to have an answer, nor do they seem particularly concerned. If the issue is not resolved with the next update, I will look seriously at taking our business elsewhere.

Thanks again for the suggestion- I appreciate it very much!