Community Forum

Fraud Claim Nightmare

KO8
New Poster

Fraud Claim Nightmare

On January 24 a FedEx delivery guy tried to give me an empty box instead of my new cell phone.  I have been with Xfininty mobile for several years and am super happy with the service. This is my third upgrade.  I get near the end of the contract and pay off my old device and order a new one.  Last upgrade was also a nightmare, there was an address stuck in the system that I have never lived at and it took weeks to sort it out and get my new phone.  An administrator finally worked with me because it seemed there would be no end.  Now I am also stuck in a loop.  That day I refused the package and my FedEx account showed right away that the package was refused and the box was empty.  I called moments after the failed delivery.  It was a holiday so I was told after an hour of being on hold that I did everything right and given an appointment to go to the retail store.  I went and got a completely different phone because the one I ordered is not available in the stores.  I was told I would NOT get my $400.00 credit and I had to pay my initial fee all over again.  I had to keep the stolen phone line open and now over 4 calls and several hours at-a-time later, and after being told on my second call that I had to file a police report (the fraud dept did not tell me this on that first call) in order for the claim to go forward.; let's be clear, I did everything right.  I refused the box, I called asap, the fact that I refused and the empty box issue was posted on FedEx that same day.  I did the police report, and now, still several lengthy calls later, I am still being told that this will not get sorted out until the 30-45 day fraud period (this is the policy) too bad for you good customer!  Can someone tell me why a good customer is being punished.  I have shelled out extra money so that I paid these initial charges twice.  I have been punished by losing a $400.00 credit, and no one will help even though it is immediately demonstrated that the phone was stolen.  The thief has definately benefited and Xfinity has placed the burden on me.  After this contract is over (if I don't pay an early termination fee) I will be leaving this company.  Nothing is worth this continual nightmare and I resent being punished while others profit.