After trying a couple of times through the Apple Watch app to activate cellular on a second hand (ebay) watch (GPS & CELLULAR) I kept hitting the message "sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. please try again" during the eligibility checks. So I did a few times, reminiscent of how do you keep an iditot entertained for hours "Flip Over" (written on both sides) , but no luck. Then to add insult to injury a 3+ hour wait on hold only to be told that I needed a Tier 2 to help out and they closed 15 min ago at midnight 😤 Luckily I was gaming while the hold music was playing in the background. Any ideas on what's happening - is it truly a technical difficulty on xfinity's side or will that just (most likely) keep appearing and I should call for the Tier 2....3...and so on?
I have no idea how to fix this. I've been having the same problem. I tried to make sure both the linked phone and watch were on charging and at >%50 battery life, but that did not help at all.
It looks like miracles are possible. My BYOD apple watch series 5 which I purchased on eBay for $349 is finally ACTIVATED This journey started on July 22, 2020 and was resolved on August 8, 2020 with a lot of help from @ComcastChrisL <-- big ups to Chris! 16 days in total to get the things activated - I was just about to return it to the seller (dealscaly) who was nice enough to work with me and agree to the return if I could not get it activated.
To give a rundown of how this happened:
7/23 - I reached out to Chris via private message
7/23 - he responded asking for additional info after a network test reflected the device as not eligible for BYOD. Xfinity had to reach out to Verizon to escalate an issue to get the device integrated as well as provided an escalation number.
7/29 - Chris said that they heard back from Verison and did an additional test on their end to confirm the mapping worked but continued to get "not eligible for BYOD" The estimate to on how long to resolve was well more than a week
8/2 - the escalation team needed the EID# for further investigation
8/3 - got a response from Chris saying they are monitoring the situation and waiting for a response from Verizon
8/6 - got a response from Chris saying that the issue was escalated to the engineering department but there was no estimated date for it to be resolved.
8/7 - I just happened to give it another try before heading out the door and BAM! I got the following message...
You're ready to use your Apple Watch on Xfinity Mobile
Congratulations! You've officially activated your Apple Watch on Xfinity Mobile. Let the connections begin.
Hopefully, this helps someone in the future. Also if I am speaking out of school I am happy to edit this post - just let me know.
Just adding a note that I'm having the same problems with my Series 6. And now that I've posted, I'll be able to pm someone if needed.
Sorry to be adding noise to the conversation.
Brand new Apple Watch Series 6 purchased directly from Apple. Xfinity support removed my old series 3 from my account, which was also a NIGHTMARE to get added. Now I'm stuck on step 1 of 4 like others. When I added my series 3, the company line was how BYOD for watches was a new feature....well that was almost 2 years ago. This should not be this painful of a process. I need assistance
Same problem with activating my Apple Watch Series 5.
1. Bought it from Amazon last Novemeber, went over the store to activate it, but was told that I'd reached the line limit, Xfinity was going to increase the line limit, just wait. Ok, fine, wait.
2. In June/July, it seems Xfinity Mobile increase line limit to 10 for the existing customer. So I tried to setup cellular on my phone in the Watch App. However, not succeesful.
3. Called customer services a few time, they said the IMEI # was messed up in the system, need Level 2 Technician to solve, please try after a week.
4. After two weeks, I tried again, still no luck.
5. In August, visited the store. The representative said he could see the previous notes and the IMEI # seemed to have some issue. But he explained that the 10 line limit was actually on hold. Please wait for a week to re-do the activation or called to directly ask for Level 2 Technician.
6. After another three weeks in late September, I tried again, still no luck. Called the 800 number, was told I could not talk to Level 2 Technician directly. After hours waiting on line for the representative to talk to the Level 2 Technician, ended up the answer was still "10 line limit has not been rollout yet, please wait".
7. Today, after another failed activation, call the 800 number again. The representative needed to seek the feeback from the supervisor. This time the answer was that Xfinity Mobile could not activate Apple Watch bought from the 3rd party like Amazon. So my watch could not be activated at all.
With the above exprience, I feel thsi answer is highly doubtful. Not sure whether it is due to the Xfinity system messed up with my IMEI #, or if the 10 lines limit is not yet rolled out, or if it just would not activate BOYD watch. I am so frustrated with this experience. Could anyone from Xfinity give me a DIRECT REAL answer?