Community Forum

Apple Watch Series 6 not connecting

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Apple Watch Series 6 not connecting

Every time I click get started on step one, I recieve a message that says, "Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again." After seeing these forums and talking to multiple customer service agents, it seems like this is an ongoing issue that none of you know how to solve. All you are doing is driving people to other mobile providers whos services actually work.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Apple Watch Series 6 not connecting

having the same issue. did you find a solution?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The last person I talked to said they were still working on putting my watch on my plan and I should see it in 72 hours. But that's after the first person told me I would get a call back within 15 minutes and an hour later I reached out again just to be told that they can't schedule call backs.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I just got a response on another thread that I had posted yesterday with this:

"I have been notified by technical support that Apple Watch SE and 6 models will not activate until after September 22nd, 2020. They are still only available as pre-orders on Xfinity mobile."

Why they wouldn't tell their customer service reps something like this and also post it somewhere for customers to see is beyond me.  

Hopefully this helps

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I can confirm I also got this explination today when having an issue activating two Series 6 watches. I guess we'll see how it goes on the 22nd. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Seems like that would be an important piece of information to put out there. My hopes are not high that come tomorrow it is going to be solved.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I would agree with you on that one. I was actually able to “activate” one of the watches yesterday while down in CT (we live in MA). It now shows Xfinity Mobile as the carrier and lists Xfinity Mobile 13.0.1 in the About section of the watch. However, the cellular won’t actually kick in when the phone isn’t present and a known WiFi network isn’t in range. The cellular button in the control center just stays white and doesn’t show any signal strength. I may try to remove and re-add the cellular plan to the watch today and see how it goes.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I just activated my series 6 with no issue. I turned off my iPhone and the cellular icon turned green on the watch and it works.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am still receiving the exact same error message, and not getting any actual help from support agents.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So this is weird: earlier today I shut off my phone and turned off the WiFi option on the watch. At that point, the cellular icon turned green and showed one circle of signal strength. This only was on screen for about 5 seconds and then it turned white again. I haven't been able to get it to connect to cellular again since.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Private message @ComcastChrisL and he will help you. Usually responds in 24-48 hours.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I will try contacting him. The last agent I talked to told me that they don't support apple watch, and would not listen when I tried to explain to them that they sold it on their website.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastChrisL I too am having troubles with connecting series 6 Apple Watch to cellular. I can’t figure out how to private message you directly fro your profile. Can you help?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Does anyone have a solution?  Still can't get my Apple Watch 6 to connect to cellular after talking to tech support for hours.

Highlighted
New Poster

@ComcastChrisL I also have problem connect my series 6 to cellular. I got mine directly from Apple. Went thro step 1 to 4 and saw my watch is added to my plan under xfinity mobile but not activated. Could you please help? Where can I find the send message button to send private message to you?

Highlighted
New Poster

We bought two new iwatch 6 series from the apple store. I was able to get mine activated and linked to cellular ASAP, no problem (I’m the primary account holder and have an iPhone 11 Pro), but my husband keeps getting an error message every time he tries to link to cellular (he has iPhone 9). We were just on the phone with customer support for about 2 hours unpairing, updating and trying over and over, but no luck. They “escalated” our situation and are supposed to call us back on Tuesday- fingers crossed!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

A customer rep told me to reset my iwatch 6 six times and it should work! Really. Terrible service. Still not connecting. I won’t call back because it’s a pain
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So anyone get connected yet? It’s past the 22nd. I was on a call list with a two tier tech and when they finally called me back they had no clue about why I was on their call back and they thought I just called them!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Any solution for you? I’m tired of trying.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So did your watch connect after 22nd. Mine has not and I’m not confident it will
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastChrisL, I am also not able to connect my Apple Watch Series 6 with Cellular.  I am getting the Message "Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again.".  I have called in 3 times and been promised a call back by the representative each time.  No one has ever called me back.  The last person I spoke to said that someone from "SWAT" would be in contact with me.  I am still waiting.  Previoulsy, I had an AppleWatch Series 4 paired with Cellular and had no issues.  However, when removing the device and activating the new device, I have had no luck.  Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  I could not find an option to Private Message you directly. I hope the tag works.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

has anyone found a fix for this? I contacted them the past three days and they have not been able to fix it. the only thing they have done is ask me for my imei.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same thing. Said they put me on Teir 2 with technical 4 days ago but yet to hear back. Not sure they know what they are doing. Thinking about contacting BBB or just dropping their service from everything.
Friend has Sprint, now TMobile and her watch connected no problem.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Does anybody know if @ComcastChrisL still works here? Or any other help at Xfinity for these Apple Watch cellular activation "uh-oh" messages? I'm contemplating moving away from XM since they've been such a disaster on this important issue.
Highlighted
New Poster

We never got a call back and still cannot connect our second watch - so frustrating! I hope someone finds a fix soon!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am also not able to connect my Apple Watch Series 6 with Cellular. I am getting the Message "Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again.". I have called in many times with numerous hours of my time gone - last was escalated to final tier of support telling me if you bought your series 6 from anybody (including Apple) , other than Xfinity your watch is not supported. I give up looking for different carrier and cable tv service...
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Also having the same problem, this is is the absolute worse customer service I have seen in my entire life. I keep getting call backs from customer service saying that they will pass me forward to the next tier of service, which never seems to happen. I picked my Apple Watch 6 from Apple yesterday. Traded in my previous Apple Watch, also purchased from Apple. That watch worked fine on my Xfinity account. Now the new one will not connect. I will also try contacting Chris and see if that works. I have tried every solution posted on the internet and nothing worked. I am on hold again right now waiting for the next customer care representive lol.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I was told the same thing. Never received a call back. Very frustrating.
Highlighted
New Poster

@ComcastChrisL
Same problem as others Apple Watch 6 not activating. Any help is appreciated.
Highlighted
New Poster

WE GOT IT FIXED! I called this morning to get an update on my open ticket. I was talking to a level two tech support person and he got level three involved who then got an apple expert involved... long story short, an hour later they were able to manually add the Apple Watch to our cellular account on their end and now it’s working! There is a fix, so call back and work to get to level two/three technical support and ask them to manually add the watch to your account.
Highlighted
New Poster

I called and talked to tier 2 and 3 and told them to manually add watch and that I read on forum they can do this and they said they can not I have to. So frustrating! Not sure where to go from here.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I called in, but not sure what level tech.  they took my imei number, and said they would do something and then said they could not help, i need to go into a store.  they scheduled that and I went in and the lady there was nice, added the watch to my account, gave me some 2 foot long receipt BUT could not activate it.  told me i need to call xfinity mobile which sent me to her.  she said maybe im the first person to try to activate a watch 6 (completely not true and shows a lack of understanding).  so im rtying to decide if i try to return the watch and just get a wifi version...i have some emails into employees listed in these threads, but not overly optomistic.  ill reply to this thread if anyone ends up helping.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

After speaking with several Techs, my issue was finally resolved several days ago. I went in a Comcast store and expressed my displeasure. They managed to contact a level three tech who promised a call back. Two days later she did call me but was unable to fix the problem. She stayed on it and called back the next day and tried a few other things, while she was texting someone else for help. I wish I could list the steps they took, but I am not sure they even know which one worked. Eventually they manually added my watch to the account, that was the third time they did it. For the first time it showed on my account, but still did not work. 24 hours later the watch suddenly started working. I hope everyone is able resolve their problems. At least the last person I spoke to stayed on it until it was resolved. But shame on Comcast for having this problem in the first place

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Wish you did know the steps and I wish xfinity read these post. They told me there was no way they could ad my watch manually. You would be the second person who they did it for on this thread. So tired of calling. One question. Are you the primary account holder? And if not do you have admin rights? They told me it could be that
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

UPDATE:  I am activated!!!

Here is what Xfinity Mobile Tier 2 tech Joshua did.

1) he had me go to xfinity.com/myaccount and sign in

2) go to SETTINGS tab

3) click Xfinity ID & Password on left menu

4) click EDIT link next to Two-Step Verification

5) click TURN OFF next to two-step verification

6) Go to Apple Watch app and go through steps to add cellular plan, but this time, it did not ask me for a verification 6 digit number and i went through the activation steps 1-4

7) the watch gave me an error saying that it failed to activate plan at this point but still listed xfinity mobile on watch app.

😎 Josua asked me to shut down the watch and restart

9) i then turned off bluetooth on my PHONE

10) turned off wifi on my watch

11) made a call on watch and it failed

12) tried again to make call on watch and it went through

I think #12 can take some time, so keep trying until it goes through.  man what a process to get a watch to activate.

Joshua was great and patient and explained that with these smart watches, its not possible for them to force an activation, you sort of need to eliminate reasons for it not to activate.  apparently phones with their sim card, you can force them to activate easier than with these watches.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Wish you did know the steps and I wish xfinity read these post. They told me there was no way they could ad my watch manually. You would be the second person who they did it for on this thread. So tired of calling. One question. Are you the primary account holder? And if not do you have admin rights? They told me it could be that
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I truly wish I could give you more information. However, I am the primary account holder. The last person I spoke with was extremely nice, pretty much everyone I spoke with was nice. I believe they are as lost as the the general public. Comcast has given them no training on how to fix this problem. They are aware of the problem, but Comcast themselves refuse to acknowledge this. The last person I spoke with was a level three tech. She actually called my back 3 times on the last day we spoke. After the last time, when the issue was not resolved, she stated that she would look into it further and call back within 48 hours. However, the next day the watch was working. Besides manually adding my watch to the account, I'm note sure what else was done. So many different attempts were made, I'm not sure they even know which one worked

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I turned my Bluetooth off phone and WiFi off watch and was able to make call. Still does not show I ha e cellular plan. Confused.
Highlighted
New Poster

Solved: I had EXACT same issue and message - with new Series 6 I bought directly from Apple. I was able to get it activated/setup today after an Xfinity Mobile customer service rep called on the phone got on messaging with Tier 3 support. Tier 3 support somehow manually set it up. I asked for specifics so I could post and they would not answer (other to say they manually did it). It's definitly doable, but you will need someone from Tier 3 to do it. Good luck all.