craigfc8's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 28th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Android Xfinity Wifi Hotspots Not Connecting

How do I get my Android phone to connect to secure Xfinity wifi hotspots?

I have installed the Xfinity Hotspots app. I open it and sign in and then all it does is show me a map of the area. If I select the preference to "automatically choose best connection" then I get signed on to an unsecure xfinitywifi network. That's not what I want. I want a secure XFINITY hotspot.

I can actually sign on to the unsecure xfinitywifi network manually, without even using the Hotspots app, so I'm not sure what the app is doing? But I can't find a way to sign on to a secure XFINITY hotspot.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

280 Messages

4 years ago

Hello craigfc8,

Thanks for posting to the XM Forum! I hope you’ll pardon my delayed response. In case you were still needing help, I’m more than happy to provide the information needed for yourself and for the community at large.

Being able to connect to the secure XFINITY hotspot requires that the user install the secure profile. One can install the secure profile from the Xfinity Hotspot app istself by going to Settings>Install Security Profile.

I’ve added the following link which provides a concise overview of Xfinity WiFi Hotspots - https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/about-xfinity-wifi-internet.

Thanks again,

Chris

P.S. To the XM community at large, in case your post goes unaddressed, please note that you can always reach out to any Official Comcast Employee by clicking on the Employee name and from the profile page select the blue ‘send a message’ button. Know that we are here to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here