Community Forum

Adding more than 5 lines to Xfinity Mobile Account

Highlighted
New Poster

Adding more than 5 lines to Xfinity Mobile Account

So, I have been trying to add a 6th line to my account with no success. Tried in person and over the phone and still nobody has been able to help.

The site says that for "Existing Customers" you can have up to 10 lines. I was originally told that I had to wait until the first bill showed up. Then to wait 2 more weeks. Now I already got my second bill and I am half way toward my thrid month. Is that enough for being an "existing customer"?

I have had Xfinity Internet and Cable for almost 2 years already and credit score is not a problem, so I am not sure what else is needed for being able to add an extra line. I moved to Xfinity Mobile when I was told I was going to be able to transfer all the lines from the previous carrier. 

Anyone else having this issue? 

Thanks

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Adding more than 5 lines to Xfinity Mobile Account

So after several transfers to different associates, I was finally told that the error code I am getting in the system is because I need to wait "6 months"!!!! as existing Xfinity Mobile customer in good standing to be able to add more than 5 lines.

Glad someone finally gave me a valid answer, but the people at the store that wants to sell lines to get their commission will tell you 1 month is enough. 

Wait a few more months I guess

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Adding more than 5 lines to Xfinity Mobile Account

@arabex wrote: ... I was finally told that the error code I am getting in the system is because I need to wait "6 months"!!!! ...

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/how-to-add-a-line says:

... for existing accounts there's a max of 10 lines. The amount you qualify for is based on a credit check.