Community Forum

Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues? Advice

@Jriv1210

I had the same issue.  I could not send Chris a PM until I completed my first post on this forum.  Now that you posted here, if you click on his name again, you should see the green PM button in the right hand corner.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I stand corrected, it's a blue button 🙂Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues?

Same issue, hoping to get some assistance from @ComcastChrisL 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Call or chat with a customer service rep. Ask the agent to delete your watch from your account. When you go back into the system, it should allow you to add with no problem. I have no clue why this works but I saw it on another forum for a different phone company when they were experiencing the same issues.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I had moved through the frustrating tier 1 and tier 2 processes.  Including two passes through Apple which I doubted was the problem since it seemed the Apple Setup Cellular routines  successfully hands off to the Xfinity setup app which is where everyone gets stuck. Once Chris got involved, Chris figured out what was going on with my watch/account and made sure it worked.  Not enough gratitude for @ComcastChrisL who dealt with me as a person.  Very refreshing after the previous frustration.

As I understand it, for me there was an account setting at the host's end that needed to be reset so they could establish and send an eSIM.  It seems the problems differ so I can't say this is what you are experiencing.  

I hope the support team can identify all the problems and fix thier setup app and backend systems it taps into. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Apple Watch Series 5 Ceramic, purchased from Apple, never before activated on cellular, same issue with Uh Oh screen..