Community Forum

Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues?

LouMeloro
Frequent Visitor

Re: Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues? Advice

@Jriv1210

I had the same issue.  I could not send Chris a PM until I completed my first post on this forum.  Now that you posted here, if you click on his name again, you should see the green PM button in the right hand corner.

LouMeloro
Frequent Visitor

I stand corrected, it's a blue button 🙂Capture.JPG

tejaneck
Regular Visitor

Thanks!

rachelhill8550
New Poster

Re: Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues?

Same issue, hoping to get some assistance from @ComcastChrisL 

nikkarachon
Frequent Visitor

Call or chat with a customer service rep. Ask the agent to delete your watch from your account. When you go back into the system, it should allow you to add with no problem. I have no clue why this works but I saw it on another forum for a different phone company when they were experiencing the same issues.

lllanillojr
Regular Visitor

I had moved through the frustrating tier 1 and tier 2 processes.  Including two passes through Apple which I doubted was the problem since it seemed the Apple Setup Cellular routines  successfully hands off to the Xfinity setup app which is where everyone gets stuck. Once Chris got involved, Chris figured out what was going on with my watch/account and made sure it worked.  Not enough gratitude for @ComcastChrisL who dealt with me as a person.  Very refreshing after the previous frustration.

As I understand it, for me there was an account setting at the host's end that needed to be reset so they could establish and send an eSIM.  It seems the problems differ so I can't say this is what you are experiencing.  

I hope the support team can identify all the problems and fix thier setup app and backend systems it taps into. 

Vlad2
Regular Visitor

Apple Watch Series 5 Ceramic, purchased from Apple, never before activated on cellular, same issue with Uh Oh screen..

BTatman
Regular Visitor

Is the only solution for this issue to contact @ComcastChrisL ?
DiabloSpeed
Regular Visitor

It is pretty sad that Xfinity cannot get this right... its been a year and still nothing. 

cristinab
Regular Visitor

@ComcastChrisL I just activated the service and although the watch shows on my plan, it's not able to activate it on the watch (I get a message that says it can't reach the phone or finish setting up the cellular).

BTatman
Regular Visitor

@ComcastChrisL for the win! It's not the ideal that the only solution seems to be bespoke, but there are a myraiad of potential issues beyond my expertise.

For others looking to receive assistance:

• Create an account
  • Make a post
  • Then, you can DM Chris via his profile

He was extremely responsive and took time to explain steps and trouble shoot with me. One of the best custoemer experiences I've had with a tech issue. 

cristinab
Regular Visitor

Become a member and private message @ComcastChrisL , he was responsive and knowledgable and got mine up and running!!

Steve40515
Regular Visitor

Similar issues here.  New Apple Watch 5.  First attempt at activation yesterday got "uh-oh" error.  Chatted with tech support and she said she deleted the line from my account so I could reattempt.

However, all subsequent attempts have resulted in "Unable to Configure Cellular Plan" although the watch is again activated in my Xfinity account info.  Tech support today wants me to reset my phone, but I have no confidence that that will not simply be a waste of time.  I cant find the button to message Chris so i'm hoping posting the repsone will activate that ability.

I activated my wife's Apple Watch 5 flawlessly a few days ago, so I know it can be done.

corinnabolender
Regular Visitor

I am also having these same issues trying to get an Applewatch activated and also tried adding as an extra line from the xfinity mobile account page,  but then xfinity mobile webpage telling me I am not the primary account holder on the account?  How do we tell who is the primary account holder?  My mom's login fails with this message immediately after trying to login to the mobile site and I get logged in but when I try to add the BYOB line it then fails into this process telling me I am not the primary account holder and says "primary account holder for your Xfinity Internet account may create an Xfinity Mobile account".

corinnabolender
Regular Visitor

We finally got this working - it turns out we were not using the primary account, instead we were using an account manager account which failed every time even with multiple reset and reboot of both devices.   After we reset phone and removed all caching for the account and utilized the primary account setup was successful.  What I had noticed was that if you login to the Xfinity mobile site on a computer and click devices, add a device and validated the IMEI for the watch it said compatible but then failed to add the watch as it said I was not the primary account holder with the credentials I was logged in which made me aware of this issue.  In the end we didn't need to actually add the watch via this step in the web-browser on the computer,  but once we had the primary account holder login and were using that as part of the setup on the phone with the watch we were able to successfully get through all the setup steps.

r_h_miller
New Poster

I'm having a similar problem.  Apple watch 3.  Watch and phone previously on AT&T.  Phone working fine, but can't get watch to activate.  Continuously get to step 4 "You're almost there!", but it never goes past that step.  Been on a chat for 3 hours now with a great rep, but it won't work.  Did all the steps, unpairing, wifi off, etc.  @ComcastChrisL, any ideas?

skierdude1
New Poster

Similar to others, we worked for hours with level 1 support with little help other than "Call Apple".  I was able to get it working based on a comment here on the forum.  I had Xfinity delete the Apple Watch line of service since it was not setup properly, and we re-activated from scratch, and it worked fine.  For us the original issue was that we changed from Verizon to Xfinity, and should have reset the watch back to factory settings first, since I believe that there was some memory of the Verizon activation on the watch when we first activated on Xfinity.  

VancouverChuck
New Poster

I never did get this working and ended up returning the watch to Apple and going with a non- LTE version. Since, I’ve switched to T-Mobile and may get an LTE watch in the fall. Interesting that Xfinity has never fixed this problem.
LouMeloro
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

Based off of my experience it is crucial to have your Apple Watch removed from your previous carrier PRIOR to activating on the Xfinity Mobile network.  You need to physically call them and ask them to remove it from your account.  Wait a couple of days and then activate.  You also need to remove cellular service from the watch via the Apple Watch app on your iPhone (or factory reset it).  My first watch was a disaster and took 3 weeks and over 20hrs of customer service tiers 1,2,&3.  When I transferred my wife's watch over, I followed the steps above and it activated immediateley using the Xfinity Mobile app.  Good Luck!!!!

jersey_weeds
Frequent Visitor

SOLVED!!!

It looks like miracles are possible.  My BYOD apple watch series 5 which I purchased on eBay for $349 is finally ACTIVATED   This journey started on July 22, 2020 and was resolved on August 8, 2020 with a lot of help from @ComcastChrisL  <--  big ups to Chris!  16 days in total to get the things activated - I was just about to return it to the seller (dealscaly) who was nice enough to work with me and agree to the return if I could not get it activated.

To give a rundown of how this happened:

7/23 - I reached out to Chris via private message

7/23 -  he responded asking for additional info after a network test reflected the device as not eligible for BYOD.  Xfinity had to reach out to Verizon to escalate an issue to get the device integrated as well as provided an escalation number.

7/29 - Chris said that they heard back from Verison and did an additional test on their end to confirm the mapping worked but continued to get "not eligible for BYOD"   The estimate to on how long to resolve was well more than a week

8/2 - the escalation team needed the EID# for further investigation

8/3 - got a response from Chris saying they are monitoring the situation and waiting for a response from Verizon

8/6 - got a response from Chris saying that the issue was escalated to the engineering department but there was no estimated date for it to be resolved. 

8/7 - I just happened to give it another try before heading out the door and BAM!  I got the following message...

You're ready to use your Apple Watch on Xfinity Mobile

Congratulations! You've officially activated your Apple Watch on Xfinity Mobile. Let the connections begin.

Hopefully, this helps someone in the future.  Also if I am speaking out of school I am happy to edit this post - just let me know. 

iflyer
New Poster

Okay, I guess I should have researched this before moving to Xfinity but I am having similar issue. I cannot activate my Apple Watch 4.

I succesfully activated my 2 iPhones. I then attempted to activate my Apple Watch 4. I did a full erase on the watch and setup as new. It did not refelect previous carrier (ATT) in settings. (The watch was purchased direct from Apple and never locked.)  I have spent 2 days on the phone with customer support without success. The activation does not give me the "uh-oh" error but it just hangs at the screen titled "Xfinity Mobile ... STEP 4/4 ... You're almost there!" ... "This may take a few minutes"...

From this forum, it seems the only sure solution is to get assistance from ComcastChrisL. Unfortunately I don't see a way to request his assitance. When I research private messaging, I see people being admonished for asking how to send an unsolicited pm. I also am new to the community so do not even have pm enabled.

I have tried every solution I read on this thread short of getting help from St. Chris.

Any suggestions on getting higher level support from Xfinity would be greatly appreciated.

Lithium351
New Poster

So I bought my wife’s Apple Watch 3 new and set it up through xfinity Mobile and cellular worked flawlessly for Several months until the past few weeks.

Recently, when she gets out of Bluetooth and wireless range of her phone, her watch has been getting the red rectangle at the top meaning it is disconnected from the phone. We completely understand this, but are unsure why it is not then connecting to the cellular service. We are in a place with excellent cellular signal, but her watch continues to show the red rectangle and will not allow her to make calls, text message, etc.
JMM14
Regular Visitor

Hi @ComcastChrisL  I am having similar issues. I have an Apple Watch Series 4 +GPS which I bought originally from ATT. I previously used it on ATT with a cellular connection. I originally attempted to activate the watch by porting the number (so before cancelling ATT's plan). I have since cancelled ATT's plan (today, 8/24). I am still having difficulty getting cellular to activate. I have my watch paired to my new Xfinity iPhone SE (2nd Generation). I think my previous attempts must have gotten something out of whack and I need assistance on figuring out how to fix. You seem to have solved everyone's problems so far (or at least have a higher success rate than others). Can you please help? Thanks.

Maayai
Regular Visitor

Hi @ComcastChrisL,

Am trying to activate Apple Watch cellular for past 3 months. Tried all the solutions available in this post.

Can you please help me to activate cellular for my watch...
Shivab
New Poster

I am also having same issue and went through with CS for hours and hours and they couldn’t resolve.
Initially I bought the watch from T mobile. When I tried to set up
Cellular and getting below error

Sorry, looks like we are having technical difficulties. Please try again.
Shivab
New Poster

dpalmisano8983
Regular Visitor

I just got my new apple watch in was able to have xfinity remove my old watch, but I'm getting the dredded "uh oh" message at the end of setup. @ComcastChrisL any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!

naterator
Regular Visitor

Same issue, hoping to get some assistance from @ComcastChrisL
skaletr
Regular Visitor

@nateratordid you ever get yours set up?

ShirleyMueller
New Poster

This is exactly my problem.  Even get the exact same message.  I have spent hours on the phone first on hold and then talking with customer service reps that had no idea.  One even insisted that I couldn't have more than 2 lines (my husband and I each have phones) on our account.  When I requested talking with his supervisor he told me he was working from home and had no one else to ask.  Has anyone suceeded in connecting an Apple watch to ab iPhone?  

ShirleyMueller
New Poster

This is exactly my problem.  Even get the exact same message.  I have spent hours on the phone first on hold and then talking with customer service reps that had no idea.  One even insisted that I couldn't have more than 2 lines (my husband and I each have phones) on our account.  When I requested talking with his supervisor he told me he was working from home and had no one else to ask.  Has anyone suceeded in connecting an Apple watch to ab iPhone?  

JSL-X
Regular Visitor

No one from Comcast is participating in the forum. 

AA_admin
New Poster

Posting so I can message Chris. Thanks everyone for this thread. 

JSL-X
Regular Visitor

I messaged him ( @ComcastChrisL ) last week and have not heard anything. I hope you have better results.

someone3
Regular Visitor

Posting so I can contact Chris.

Huma916
Regular Visitor

OMG thanks!! I was so sick and tired of Xfinity cost support and the employees at the store.
Bennyzhou
New Poster

Same issue.