Community Forum

Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues?

Regular Visitor

Re: Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues? Advice

Same issues here. 2 new Apple Watch Series 5s purchased from Apple. I’m getting the “Uh oh” error and unable to send ComcastChrisL a private message.
Frequent Visitor

Apple Watch Series 5 Ceramic, purchased from Apple, never before activated on cellular, same issue with Uh Oh screen... Sent PM to Chris.

Regular Visitor

DominoToppler... How did you send Chris a PM? When I click on his user name on one of his posts it brings me to his account page. I see his awards and kudos but nowhere on the page is there a link to send him a PM. Any help would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

When I click his name I get this screen (maybe you need to use an actual PC web browser if you're on a phone browser?) . Clicked the blue "Send a Message" box on the right.... Huh, I seem to have issues uploading a photo... anyway, I'd suggest trying another browser maybe? There's a blue link to send a message in the right hand side of the gray box with his name.

Capture.JPG

Regular Contributor

@Mojoman58 wrote:

DominoToppler... How did you send Chris a PM? When I click on his user name on one of his posts it brings me to his account page. I see his awards and kudos but nowhere on the page is there a link to send him a PM. Any help would be appreciated.

The send feature is not available by default.  I did not see it for weeks and then after I found a topic about sending messages and asked for it to be looked into, mine starting working and now I see that envelope.  It won't matter what browser you use or phone or PC, until whoever can make it happen turns it on for you, you won't see it.  Also, somewhere someone mentioned having to make a post - perhaps new rather than a reply - would kick in that feature.  I did that as well, so I don't know what really got it working for sure.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messaging/td-p/3267124

Frequent Visitor

My watch suddenly went through the complete activation last night. I'm not sure if Chris did something on his end that got it working or not... I had attempted it about 10 times yesterday, and finally it went through. I had unpaired and repaired the watch, but it failed a handful of times after that before it finally worked.

Regular Visitor

I finally was able to contact Chris for help with this problem & followed his instructions last night but  still ended up with the "Uh-oh" message.
I haven't heard back from Chris yet and suddenly this afternoon I received a call on my cell and it also came through on my watch! I assumed Chris did something to get it fixed but when I go to the Cellular tab in settings it still shows No SIM under Plan & No Connection under Status.

I've tested it a few times having people call me and it works on the watch. I have no idea what is going on and how it is happening.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Regular Contributor

@Mojoman58 wrote:

I finally was able to contact Chris for help with this problem & followed his instructions last night but  still ended up with the "Uh-oh" message.
I haven't heard back from Chris yet and suddenly this afternoon I received a call on my cell and it also came through on my watch! I assumed Chris did something to get it fixed but when I go to the Cellular tab in settings it still shows No SIM under Plan & No Connection under Status.

I've tested it a few times having people call me and it works on the watch. I have no idea what is going on and how it is happening.

Anyone else experiencing this?

You should be able to receive calls on a paired watch, even without cellular, as long as your phone is nearby.  So that may be what you are experiencing.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Activating Apple Watch - any one else having issues?

Normally, I can at least get to the uh-oh message error at step 4 of activation, but today I am getting a technical difficulties message on step one (I’ve been getting this over past day now over many attempts). I’ve been trying to activate the cellular service on my Apple Watch series 4 for three weeks and I have made many support calls to xfinity, apple, and I’ve been to both the xfininity and Apple stores for support as well.
Frequent Visitor

Another activation oddity is that the xfinity mobile cellular plan appears to try to load for a few seconds before switching to the setup cellular screen. See screen cap
D1F7F813-F48A-4720-9CA4-B7B2F87B573E.png
A37B0CFC-CB57-4110-BCB4-AD0F97301465.png
Frequent Visitor

Still no luck. My watch shows pending activation on my account but will not activate. I’ve gone through the steps so many times and even had the watch removed from my account. No luck when I re-added it. I did send a direct message but have not heard back.
Regular Visitor

Same here, It will be 5 weeks this Friday since I purchased the watch at an Xfinity store and still not able to activate.
Regular Visitor

I am having the same or similar issues since series 5 launch day. Have 2 pending cases now but after a month the issue remains. I can never get past the second step in activation.
Regular Visitor

I'm getting same Uh-Oh issue with my AW5 and cannot activate. Can I get some help @ComcastChrisL ?

Regular Contributor

So have these problems settled down?

I'm looking to upgrade to an S5 watch but my S4 is working and I don't want to upgrade until setting up a new watch is sorted out.

New Poster

@ComcastChrisL 

I just changed to Xfinity mobile and I have been unable to activate the cellular feature on my iWatch 4.  Can you assist?

Regular Visitor

@ComcastChrisL Hey I just switched to Xfinity mobile, new iphone by BYOD for watch and am having same Cellular connection issues described by many.

Apple Watch Series 3 purchased from Apple, Latest software on both iphone and watch. Unpaired and repaired phone from watch, tried to remove watch and phone from cellular and nothing has worked.  Continue to get the "UH OH" message at the 4th stage of cellular setup.  I have checked setting and show no carrier setting for watch in Watch App or on watch.  Can you help?

Regular Visitor

Same issue here. New Apple Watch Series 5 purchased from Apple. I’m getting the “Uh oh” error and unable to send @ComcastChrisL a private message.

Regular Visitor

You need to sign in to send a private message.  So sign in (upper right corner) then click his name and "send message" will be on the right hand side.

Regular Contributor

@makinola wrote:

You need to sign in to send a private message.  So sign in (upper right corner) then click his name and "send message" will be on the right hand side.

You cannot post a message nor reply to messages without signing in, so I don't think that is the problem with PMs - certainly they have signed in to be able to use the forum.

I didn't have that message option for weeks until I posted on another topic about it - I'm guessing some admin enabled it for me.

Regular Visitor

I cringe to even ask this question given all the problems that folks are having, but I have a unique scenario. I have an iPhone XS Max using Dual SIM between ATT and Xfinity (Xfinity is SIM; ATT is eSIM). I live in a rural area where having both carriers is the only way to have dependable service. So I am now trying to see if I can host multiple carriers on my Apple Watch. I went through the activation process and both my iphone and Apple Watch show XFinity and ATT being available (they are not active at the same time; you chose which one you want active), but on my XFinity Mobile page it shows a line that has been added but not "activated." I am probably pushing a boundary here, but anyone else try dual esim capability with Xfinity Mobile? Any idea on what I need to do to get the line activated?

Contributor

Regular Visitor

Thanks Dave. Apple's documentation is promising, and I think I am close to success, here. Currently I'm in an ATT zone, so I'll know tomorrow if the Watch attempts to register on the Verizon/XFinity network when I am in range and does so successfully. 

New Poster

My AppleWatch Series 4 shows up in my Devices on my account page and indicates it is paired with my iPhone number.  This happened after about 8 conversations with XiniftyMobile support.  However, the AppleWatch still shows that there is not an active Cellular Plan associated with the watch.  If I try to Set Up Cellular on the watch app, I get the message: "Just so you know ... You already have a watch associated with this phone.  Activating another watch will add an additional line to your Xfinity Mobile account."  This has been a nightmare after talking with 8 reps regarding the UhOh message and even visitng an Xfinity retail store, where they told me they couldn't help me and to call XfinityMobile support!  Everyone has been pleasant, but truly clueless.  I have never been able to setup cellular on the watch after almost a week.  Just wondering if anyone has a solution to this?

New Poster

I’ve been going through this issue since October 19th and I wish I had read your post. However, last night I was able to finally activate my watch by:
1. Back up iPhone to cloud
2. Unpair watch
3. Reset iPhone to factory setting
4. Boot iPhone up again
5. Pair watch...
and Ta-Da... no error message!
The pairing price was seamless and I was able to make a call from my watch.
New Poster

UGH I’m getting the same run around! What <Edited> is their problem?!

At this point I just want the watch activated to be able to return it to the store but they can’t even do that! I have 3 days before the 14 day trial is over and I’ve been trying to get them to fix the issue from day 1 of purchase!

New Poster

Beware! Heads up!
I submitted a truthful response on this forum earlier about having similar issues and not appreciating the run-arou and now my WiFi is down for the past hour + I had to turn on my data to be able to submit this ‘heads up’. Go figure!
New Poster

Has anyone successfully activated an Apple Watch, purchased from AT&T, on the Xfinity Mobile network?  I continue to get a message that the device is incapatible and that only watches from Xfinity Mobile or the Apple Store can be activated.  Xfininty Mobile's ad says "Your Apple Watch. Our Network." and that you need an Apple Watch series 4 or series 3.  It does not say it needs to be from Xfinity Mobile or the Apple Store.  I switched carriers and am now paying the price for false advertising.

Regular Visitor

I was told at xfinity retail store that all watches are ok. I did eventually get two series 3 watches activated.

I got lots of run around but here are two things I did, not sure which one worked out.

1) go to xfinity store and have them add imei of ale watch to your account. Specify you are doing a byod (bring your own device) and they should be able to add it to your account. Do this before you attempt to setup cellular service on the watch (u can pair and do all the other stuff, just don’t set up cellular)

2) After adding imei , wait some time (a few hours) then attempt to setup cellular. Now here is a weird part. If you set up xfinity Mobile service and used an email that IS NOT your Comcast account to get like updates on the phone shipment or otherwise be associated with the xfinity mobile account then use THAT email to try to setup cellular.

I have no idea if this is actually what allowed me to do this but I had been trying to setup cellular on my watch using my comcast.net account and until I used the account that I got xfinity mobile correspondence on it did not work (but I did do the imei step first).

Good luck!
Regular Visitor

Reposting this on multiple threads. Try it and see if it works, if so repost and share the knowledge.

Tl;dr

Go to xfinity store and add imei of watch to account. They can do this, if they say they can’t they simply do not know how, but it’s a function of bringing your own device (byod)

Setup cellular using the email that you used when you created your xfinity mobile account, not necessarily the same as your Comcast.net email.
———————————
I was told at xfinity retail store that all watches are ok. I did eventually get two series 3 watches activated.

I got lots of run around but here are two things I did, not sure which one worked out.

1) go to xfinity store and have them add imei of ale watch to your account. Specify you are doing a byod (bring your own device) and they should be able to add it to your account. Do this before you attempt to setup cellular service on the watch (u can pair and do all the other stuff, just don’t set up cellular)

2) After adding imei , wait some time (a few hours) then attempt to setup cellular. Now here is a weird part. If you set up xfinity Mobile service and used an email that IS NOT your Comcast account to get like updates on the phone shipment or otherwise be associated with the xfinity mobile account then use THAT email to try to setup cellular.

I have no idea if this is actually what allowed me to do this but I had been trying to setup cellular on my watch using my comcast.net account and until I used the account that I got xfinity mobile correspondence on it did not work (but I did do the imei step first).

Good luck
Regular Visitor

Good luck