Community Forum

X16 remote pairing

Highlighted
New Poster

X16 remote pairing

I'm not getting the remote to pair. It "hangs" up/freezes. The instructions aren't helpful, as the voice feature doesn't seem to work. I called Customer Service, agreed to be called back... no one ever did.

I'm better is someone can "talk" me through the process. The alternative is I'm giving the whole darn thing back. My frustration level is high.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: X16 remote pairing

Confirming the device is already activated? Can you control the Flex box just not use voice?
Highlighted
New Poster

No. I've been going through some of the responses and info from another poster who had the same problem. I'm not at home ATM, but will be soon. I don't know if I have an ethernet cable to try one of the solutions.  I will try some of the solutions I saw; if I have no luck, I'll post again. Thanks for the quick response.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Can you tell us where your getting stuck or having issues?  any certain screen your on or on-screen message?  this will help me troubleshoot your issue.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Nope. I need an ethernet cable, which I will get soon. Thanks for the follow up.