Community Forum

New Flex won't turn on

Highlighted
New Poster

New Flex won't turn on

I just switched to xfinity wifi and got a flex streaming device with it. My xfinity wifi is set up in another room. I have plugged the flex in to different outlets, and used different hdmi cords and ports on my tv. But still the flex wont turn on, my TV screen doesn't show any indication that the flex hooked up to the hdmi is on. The flex has a white light though. The HDMI ports and cords I have used work with other devices. I keep pointing the voice remote at the front side of the flex and pressing power but I get a red flash on the remote and no response from the flex. Can anyone tell me if theres something I can do to fix it, or if maybe the box was damaged in transit? I cannot move the router or the flex.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: New Flex won't turn on

Try rebooting the flex box, the white light means it’s on and you should see a welcome screen and then a “select your language” screen to start the activation process. Also maybe try a new HDMI cord and different input.
Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue. Received my new flex but remote light will only flash red and tv doesn't recognize the box is connected, despite restarting multiple times. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Are you sure you're on the correct HDMI input?  So to clarify your issue,  your getting a no signal message on your TV b/c the flexbox is not being recognized by your TV?

Highlighted
New Poster

I too have this issue.  Though mines a little different.  I connected everything with the cables it came with, all new.  Connected it to a HDMI 2.0 for the 4k resolution.  I know the port works because my Playstation 4 Pro was connected to it.  

When I powered it on the first time I saw the "Welcome" screen for like 2 seconds and then I get "signal lost" from my TV screen.  Then a few seconds later the "Welcome" screen comes back, then "signal lost again" and back and forth, over and over.  

I don't understand what it's doing and I'm one of those techy kind of people everyone else asks for help from.  I figure the box is just bad, maybe comcast had these Flex boxes made cheap and they are all garbage.  Does anyone know if the Xfinity Stores are open and accepting returns on these wonderfully reliable devices?  I'd like to get a replacement and see if that works, but I'm already discouraged and don't expect any luck.  And really the only reason I wanted this thing is for Peacock so I could watch the "Psych 2" movie on USA when it comes out.