Community Forum

"Pause" feature not working, take 2

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

"Pause" feature not working, take 2

Before explaining how to "pause" or "unpause" a device on the network, please take the following into consideration; we already know how to "pause" or "unpause" a device on the network.

Can we get an explanation as to WHY it is NOT working. Please?

I am paying extra for a modem that is advertised as being able to provide me with features I want. Yet none of those features work.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: "Pause" feature not working, take 2

Hello, jadedfalcon! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums about this issue with pausing devices. 

This can be such a useful feature so I would love to work with you to get it working properly where you can enjoy its utility.

I do have a few questions to start us off. 

Can you tell me what kinds of devices you are experiencing this issue with and if you have this problem with all devices you try to pause or just a few specific ones?

Can you confirm if those devices are connecting to your home wifi network when paused, or if they may have switched to another nearby hotspot or the xfinitywifi hotspot?

And lastly for now, at any point do you receive any error messages when trying to pause these devices?

I look forward to your reply so we can get this figured out! 🙂

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The issue is across all devices; xBox 1, PlayStation 4, Android phones, iPhones, Kindles, ect. Time limits are useless.

Some devices do not automatically select the next WiFi signal because they are not configured to do that.

Only error message I get is a confirmation that the device is now "paused" or "unpaused."
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

And from the looks of things, I'm not the only Xfinity customer with this issue.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

What's worked for me, even though this is a band-aid and not a solution, is to pause the device and then restart the modem, everytime the device will stop after that, also I recomend that others dont have the password to your account that way they can't circumnavigate the pause.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hey, can we get some communication going here? All we have so far is a "band-aid" solution.