Community Forum

What happened to the gateway speed measurement option?

unicorneggplant
Regular Visitor

What happened to the gateway speed measurement option?

Yesterday, mid-day, the gateway speed measurement option disappered from the app and the web site. This was probably the most useful tool in checking that you were getting the speeds you were paying for because it measured the network speeds to the gateway modem itself. This was what Xfinity was delivering to your doorstep, as it were, any speed drop off on devices in your own network was your fault.  But noe it's gone. Why? Can we get it back?

ComcastAnna
Official Employee

Re: What happened to the gateway speed measurement option?

@unicorneggplant thanks for bringing this to our attention. I absolutely find that tool very helpful as well when troubleshooting. Can you send me a private message with your full name and service address? I would like to dig a little further and see if we can get that option working for you again. To send a private message, click my username, and send message. I look forward to hearing from you.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
BigMike77
New Poster

Same here Did you happen to find a way to fix it.
unicorneggplant
Regular Visitor

The Comcast folks took my issue into private message land. Once there, they basicaly suggested, several times, "try again" and made those usual cooing sounds associated with circumstances that they don't really know how to fix because they haven't seen them before. In the end, with no apparent intervention from their end, the option magically reappeared today. I suspect that only the developer knows what the issue is but that there is a condition in which the option is removed.  I would note that the option was removed from both the phone app and the web app for me. Perhaps it is because my modem was just replaced (upgraded) and some notification about it needed to make its way through the system.

So my advice is "wait three days" and "hope for the best"