Community Forum

Unable to login to app and pods offline

CousinEddie_0
Contributor

Unable to login to app and pods offline

Title says it all. I have restarted modem and restarted several pods. My internet is working from the gateway, but all pods are offline. Have gone through all troubleshooting. Sporadically unable to login to Xfinity app, though internet itself seems good
rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unable to login to app and pods offline

Exactly the same situation here. They must have made a change to render the pods completely useless and that same change made even the diagnostics useless.

legalassistmom
New Poster

Same issue here

CousinEddie_0
Contributor

I just chatted with a very helpful tech support agent.  He said there is a system issue affecting pods, mobile apps and xfi website login.  He said it's being worked on by "Advanced Repair"

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

Yep,they just told me "it's a known issue" which made me feel better because if it's a lot of people maybe they'll fix it sooner.

seejoefish
New Poster

Same issue in South Florida

CabandThomas
New Poster

Same issues here in suburban Chicago.
daveri98
New Poster

Also in South Florida; also having the same issue.  I also cannot log into my router at http://10.0.0.1 any more.

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

It's clear from my interactions with them this morning that they don't know what the problem is, and they have no plan to resolve it.

thedebsters
Frequent Visitor

Same for me in Suburban Philly.  Hopefully they WILL resolve it quickly.  

newthink4
New Poster

In Denver. Same problem. Chat person says "modem is not capable to use XFINITY xFi". hard to believe since it worked last night and has for months. plus I have the latest modem. she is going to "synchronize my modem"

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

That's what they did for me this morning and it didn't work.  I suspect they made a change that rendered some modems useless (old or some other reason) for the Pods and the endgame will be that we have to get new modems.  At least in my case the modem/gateway works fine.

thedebsters
Frequent Visitor

That's ridiculous.  We have the xFi Advanced Gateway and the pods worked just fine yesterday or two days ago.

newthink4
New Poster

just for grins try "internet.xfinity.com" on a laptop. mine is hanging with the three blinking grey dots just like on the mobile app. tried two different browsers/laptops. 

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

Yes it's all the same overarching issue. They just have no idea what it is, and since it clearly impacts only some random people they're not exactly falling over themselves to fix it.  If it's still a problem Saturday morning I'm taking the modem to Comcast and exchanging it.

gardfam
New Poster

I’m having the same issue in Massachusetts. First, the pods went down at some point overnight. Spent hours on a live chat for them to tell me it’s not my internet (my gateway is working and is brand new) and it’s a nationwide issue with the pods that they are working on. The internet does not reach most of my house so we need the pods. They said they’d call me when the issue was resolved. That was about 3 hours ago so I went to check the app and it just won’t load. Frustrating because I work from home and can’t do that without the pods.
jfwells
New Poster

Have the exact same issue.  Have reset the router, unplugged and replugged pods, and now the app won't even connect.

CousinEddie_0
Contributor

All, I am curious if this impacts everyone with pods, or just some of us with certain types of gateways. I have the black advanced gateway (XB6). Curious if anyone with the newer white advanced gateway has this issue?
rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

I am guessing it's only certain routers and maybe not a whole lot, otherwise we would be seeing this problem reported more widely than just a few people on one thread.  Has anyone seen it referenced elsewhere?

CousinEddie_0
Contributor

I found these, below.  The Twitter link includes posts by Comcast reps aware of the issue, the other two are separate Reddit threads;.

https://twitter.com/search?q=xfinity%20pods&src=typed_query

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/lcgi34/xfi_pod_outage/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/lcey89/pods_stopped_connecting/

mattjenn43
New Poster

Same issue in California in the Sacramento area. Unacceptable,  because I needed to adjust the wifi access for my kids this morning so they could get online for distance learning.  Not OK xfinity

CousinEddie_0
Contributor

Googling around on the issue, I came across this (below).  Wondering if something backfired in the process ...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-first-gen-certificate-issue#:~:text=On%20January%2....

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

I saw on Reddit thatthey pushed out something last night, that probably is to blame. But they'd better fix it by the 11th, otherwise the old pods won't get recertified...unless of course that's their real agenda.

gardfam
New Poster

I have the white router. We got it about a little over a month ago. Everything has been wonderful up until today.
rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

The status page and app work for me now but they won't permit me to reconnect the pods that I disconnected when it said this morning that none of them worked.

catbert1
Frequent Visitor

Gateway Connected; All xFi Pods Offline

For the past two days, my Gateway has been oneline, but all 6 xFi pods remain offline.  Unplugging them and plugging them back in doesn't work.  Restrating the modem (had this done remotely by Xfinity) does not work.  Xfinity tech help does not work: they even tried telling me that this was an "app issue" and my pods were actually really online.  I explained twice this was false, as a non-WiFi PC connect to a pod by an Ethernet cable could not go online, and that all the pods' lights were blinking, which is what they do when they (frequently) go offline.

With Xfinity itself seemingly unable to fix its own product, does anyone have any advice?

ishakir
New Poster

Re: Gateway Connected; All xFi Pods Offline

I've been dealing with the same and the issue seems widespread.  I was told (by multiple tchs) that this is due to a software issue and the problem started after a recent update they pushed.  I was told to basically wait until the update comes out and there are no alternative solutions.

I'm very close to just throwing all this out and just getting the Google Mesh network.

jasonlau1974
New Poster

same here in North Bay California, i just spent 3 hours on the phone talking to 3 different levels of tech support. I was told that this is a national outage affecting over 700 customers or more. No estimated timeline of getting this resolved. Both of my Pods are offline since this morning.

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

Since it seems to be specific to certain unfortunate routers, I will be going to my local office on Saturday morning, when I don't need the internet, to exchange mine.

catbert1
Frequent Visitor

Thank you -- I should've read the other messages in the thread first.  You are probably on the right track: these pods have proven to be overpriced garbage.  No idea whether the "v2" pods are in improvement, but I expect not. 

Terpsoccer13
New Poster

Same here in ct I use the Ethernet port on the pod for my work station
catbert1
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Needs to Get its Act Together and Explain Why Pods are Offline

Come on ... this is your app, your product, your service.  I have wasted hours with your tech support (who you seemingly did not inform of your systemwide problem) and still have no pods online.  I had to come to this forum to find out it seems to be some sort of systemwide issue Comcast caused.  Why are you not informing your customers of this and giving us an ETA?  We pay $$$$ monthly for your service and have to buy your overpriced pods on top of that (now we have to pay even more if we want to "upgrade" to v2).  This is terrible customer service.

ejhoss
New Poster

Same issue here. My pods have been offline since at least 7 AM ET, and the only thing I've heard is "the engineers are aware of the issue and are working on it." I'm sorry, but that's insufficient. I mean, even when they're technically working, the xFi pods are super flakey. I wish I would have just invested a bit more money and gotten an Eero or Google's Mesh network gear. I'm realizing the xFi pods are straight-up trash, and, apparently, the engineers who work on them are less than competent.

ishakir
New Poster

I was actually one of the saps that upgraded from v1 to v2.  There has definitely been an improvement but this issue affects the v2s just the same.  I've just managed to pay twice for equipment that continues to not be so reliable 😝

Terpsoccer13
New Poster

Mine just popped back online
cdavis1
New Poster

My pods all went dead today too. Using the xfinity app on my phone I was able to reconnect them all. Went to profile/Activate xFi Pods. It took longer than it should but I got them all online again. Hope this helps.

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

When I saw people posting that it was working for them again, I checked and could get to the last step in reconnecting my pods and then it hung and said I should restart the router.  I did that, and I think there was some update because it took several minutes longer than usual to restart, but then I was able to reattach all pods and things seem to be working.  

CousinEddie_0
Contributor

Pods and app are working again for me. I didn’t have to do anything, they all reconnected on their own and the app shows them online.
CousinEddie_0
Contributor

Now all my pods are offline again
CousinEddie_0
Contributor

My Xfinity pods are all OFFLINE AGAIN

Down all day yesterday 2/4.

Came back last night and working.

Still online at 6am EST this morning 2/5.

All offline now as of 7:30am EST 2/5;  unplugged and replugged them in, and still down.

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

Exactly, I woke up this morning and they were all offline, then I restarted (didn't disconnect the pods--learned my lesson yesterday) and they still don't work.

thadzi
New Poster

Re: My Xfinity pods are all OFFLINE AGAIN

Mine just went out as well !! what the..... is comcast up to???

Mitel
New Poster

Re: My Xfinity pods are all OFFLINE AGAIN

Same here. Mine went offline around 6:00 a.m. yesterday, February 4, 2021, and they remained offline until 8:00 p.m. They went offline again at 6:00 a.m. today, February 5, 2021, and are still offline now.

rksak66
New Poster

All Pods still dead here, in Chicago, as of 7:00 am.

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

After speaking with Comcast three ways--India-based chat, possibly AI Twitter chat, and US-based tech support after I elevated it, I can report that the firmware update that fixed the problem yesterday before 9PM EDT has broken everything again and they are working on it.  I only elevated it after Twitter chat tried to schedule a tech visit to my house, which I knew to be a waste of time.

cdavis1
New Poster

All are down again this morning. This is B.S.

catbert1
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it seems like they fixed it yesterday, then all are dead again today.  How incompetent must Comcast be to be able to fix something, then decide they need to "unfix" it after all?

catbert1
Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast Needs to Get its Act Together and Explain Why Pods are Offline

You fixed the problem yesterday, and today we're back to pods being broken.  Are the Comcast techs taking the plot of the movie "Groundhog Day" for a documentary?  Get your act together and give us the service we are paying far too much for!  This is ridiculous!

BrianX128
New Poster

Pod Issues

This is absurd. The pods are all offline, were yesterday, and no communication it was a known issue. Rebooted gateway 10 times, wasted hours trying to delete and add back to system for no reason. Try to call support and no way around phone system but letting them reboot your gateway again and call you back later. Unbelievably frustraiting when you know the issue is something on xfinity's end and just want answers and an eta. Was told I'd get a call back around 9pm, no one ever called. I re-added all pods manually and went to bed, things were working again. Now everything is offline, wifi signal is trash in my garage without them, trash in my office for wifi only devices, just flat out unusable. Again no communication. Can't even open the app. No one has ever called or explained a thing.

This is this worst customer service I've ever had from a provider and I switched from windstream, which I thought could not possibly be topped for incompetence but this is next level. 

rsdb97
Frequent Visitor

Re: Pod Issues

Works again now, until the next time!