I was using the XFi app to control time limits on my kids devices, xbox, etc and it was working great for months. All of a sudden, the app says that only two devices are listed (both TV boxes) and nothing else. I know this is not true because there are multiple people doing school/work in the house all day, everyday! Even though it says nothing is connected, it seems to be remembering the time limits I have in the "background" as my kids devices still shut off in the evening hours (even when I don't need them to). Someone HELP! This is driving me nuts. I've restarted the modem several times, updated the app, and am at a loss.
I am also having a similar problem. We recently switched out our rented modem for one we purchased. Once we did that, although our internet is connected and working properly, the app and website says that our modem is not connected. Our modem is connected, but due to this problem we cannot monitor our data usage. This is so odd because the app does see the Model and Serial number of our modem. Very frustrating. Anyone ever experience this problem? Called xfinity and they could not tell me why this is happening and wanted to schedule a service call which we don't want to resort to at this time.
I ran into this problem as well. Here is what I was told by the Comcast "help" person.
I upgraded my Gateway to the new "white" xFi Gateway to take advantage of the 1GB internet speed with my new contract as the new gateway is capable of handling that speed and most of their modem/routers can not. My previous modem/router which I replaced, was costing $14 per month to rent. The agreement I signed to start my new 2 year service had the modem/router charge for the "white" gateway at $14 per month.
I am now told that to get all the features with the new gateway the charge is $25 per month (specifically the feature that allows the website and the Xfinity App to show all the connected devices). If I want the feature that shows what devices are active I need to pay the extra $11 per month. This is Bull!
This is just another example of Comcast changing the "rules" in mid contract. All of these features worked until recently when they suddenly disappeared prompting my calls for help. The first person I talked to said it was a "programming" issue and would be resolved within 24 hours. Only a second call (and another hour on the phone) got me to the result above.
For what it is worth, 3rd party apps like Net Analyser will show the entire network of devices.