Community Forum

errorDRM1

New Poster

errorDRM1

I have xfinity campus and have successfully streamed via roku streaming stick +. I recently upgraded my internet service and now I get errorDRM1 message. 

Per the xfinity website, the use of xfinity on campus can be used outside of campus network. 

"If you live in on-campus housing, but are not connected to your campus network, your content selection will be limited." 

I tried updating my roku system, resetting the roku, and deleting and adding the xfinity app.

I keep getting the same error message

Expert

Re: errorDRM1

@dlouie1376 wrote:

I have xfinity campus and have successfully streamed via roku streaming stick +. I recently upgraded my internet service and now I get errorDRM1 message. 

Per the xfinity website, the use of xfinity on campus can be used outside of campus network. 

"If you live in on-campus housing, but are not connected to your campus network, your content selection will be limited." 

I tried updating my roku system, resetting the roku, and deleting and adding the xfinity app.

I keep getting the same error message

did you change your gateway/modem with the upgrade in internet service?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes the modem got upgraded as well 

Expert

@dlouie1376 wrote:

Yes the modem got upgraded as well 

use the xfinity my account app on an apple/android smart device. select the internet tab and then your data modem/gateway. match the 'serial number' shown with the gateway's HFC MAC address. exact match character by character?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!