Community Forum

anything sports related requires "in home wifi" to watch...why can;t I stream NHL games?

Highlighted
New Poster

anything sports related requires "in home wifi" to watch...why can;t I stream NHL games?

I pay XF a ton of money every month. Now I can't watch any NHL games on XF steaming website Could not even watch "NHL tonight" as streaming. Anything sports related is listed as "in home wifi" only. I thought streaming meant I could watch all my Xfinity channels even when I'm not at home? Can this be fixed? FYI I paid extra for the entire season with NHL Center Ice package. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: anything sports related requires "in home wifi" to watch...why can;t I stream NHL game

@zipperje wrote:

I pay XF a ton of money every month. Now I can't watch any NHL games on XF steaming website Could not even watch "NHL tonight" as streaming. Anything sports related is listed as "in home wifi" only. I thought streaming meant I could watch all my Xfinity channels even when I'm not at home? Can this be fixed? FYI I paid extra for the entire season with NHL Center Ice package. 

the owner(s) of the programming set their own demands in contracts and in the video DRM (digital rights management). Comcast sells subscription to home cable TV and streaming on other devices is currently a completely free bonus feature. You can still record programs and when the recording is complete, stream it ouside the home but only while still in the USA.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!