Community Forum

Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

Read several posts here, but my Xfinity Stream still doesn't work in Chrome. I already allowed the Flash Player on the Chrome Site Settings.

 

Don't know how to solve this.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome


@lhbarbarini wrote:

Read several posts here, but my Xfinity Stream still doesn't work in Chrome. I already allowed the Flash Player on the Chrome Site Settings.

 

Don't know how to solve this.


My Win10 Chrome works; do you have the latest version of Chrome (shot in the dark)?

Have you tried any other browsers?  I have tested Edge and IE11 and they work for me.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

lhbarbarini, does it work in incognito mode? 


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

Interesting that you are not having problems. I also have windows 10 and use Google Chrome (yes it it up to date). However, the Xfinity streaming has not worked for me for quite some time now. Getting pretty irritated at this point. So solution offered seems to help.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome


@GS49242 wrote:

Interesting that you are not having problems. I also have windows 10 and use Google Chrome (yes it it up to date). However, the Xfinity streaming has not worked for me for quite some time now. Getting pretty irritated at this point. So solution offered seems to help.


Any chance Chrome is not giving you access to the Flash plug-in?


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

When I first try to run the streaming, it comes up on the screen saying that I need to enable Adobe Flash Player. So I click on that, then a box pops up towards the top of my screen that says Xfinity.com wants to run Flash, with 2 boxes, one to allow, one to block. I click on Allow. Then the screen says it is "now connecting to your entertainment experience". Then I get a screen saying the following: "

Sorry, we've run into a problem. The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account. When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready? 

(Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch". I quit trying what it says because it does not work. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome


@GS49242 wrote:

When I first try to run the streaming, it comes up on the screen saying that I need to enable Adobe Flash Player. So I click on that, then a box pops up towards the top of my screen that says Xfinity.com wants to run Flash, with 2 boxes, one to allow, one to block. I click on Allow. Then the screen says it is "now connecting to your entertainment experience". Then I get a screen saying the following: "

Sorry, we've run into a problem. The good news? We can take care of it right now. First, you'll need to sign out of your account. When you sign back in it'll be fixed. Ready? 

(Error ftde.provision.accountMismatch". I quit trying what it says because it does not work. 


call 800-comcast and select billing. ask the agent to fix your username to only point to your current address/account (remove it from old account addresses).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

> lhbarbarini, does it work in incognito mode? 

 

Dear CARE support person, Xfinity does now allow for incognito use in Chrome.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

> lhbarbarini, does it work in incognito mode? 

 

Dear CARE support person, Xfinity does now allow for incognito use in Chrome.

cthixton, good catch! Thanks for that. 

 

All, if you're still seeing issues with using the stream TV feature on Chrome, send me a private message with your full name so I can troubleshoot. We'll take a look at the username to make sure there are no issues there as well.

 

KenF


I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

I have found that Xfinity Stream that has a tracker, that if you block, does not allow you to use Stream, which I really dislike.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome


@swader wrote:

I have found that Xfinity Stream that has a tracker, that if you block, does not allow you to use Stream, which I really dislike.


by tracker are you talking about cookies?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

Lately when trying to stream Xfinity, I get a message telling me I need to clear my browser cache. I do. Try again and get the same message.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome


@Deano74 wrote:
Lately when trying to stream Xfinity, I get a message telling me I need to clear my browser cache. I do. Try again and get the same message.

are you using an up-to-date windows 10 OS? are you also using an up-to-date chrome browser with windows 10?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome

It's working on Firefox. I had to get the latest Flash Player for Firefox and after that it started working. I did the same for Chrome as well, but it still didn't work. If you haven't tried it, try Firefox.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Stream not working in Chrome


@samuraishinobi wrote:

It's working on Firefox. I had to get the latest Flash Player for Firefox and after that it started working. I did the same for Chrome as well, but it still didn't work. If you haven't tried it, try Firefox.


Chrome worked once I disabled hardware acceleration.

 

I see there is a new version of Chrome.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!