Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta App has no HD channels

New Poster

Xfinity Stream Beta App has no HD channels

I have a Roku TV and have been using the Xfinity Stream app for some time now. As of yesterday all the HD channels (800's) have disapeared. Can someone tell me why this has happened?  

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta App has no HD channels

Just putting in a “me too” on this.  I have a TCL with built in Roku and a few weeks ago when I first installed the app it worked fine and I had all my HD channels. But I don’t now, all gone. Bummer.

Expert

@Onetech67 wrote:

I have a Roku TV and have been using the Xfinity Stream app for some time now. As of yesterday all the HD channels (800's) have disapeared. Can someone tell me why this has happened?  

does your set top box show the HD channels and let you play them? can you try another smart device like phone or tablet and see if the stream app includes those channels and they play?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes, I have the HD channels on tablet, phone and web. Also have it with set top box. but do not with the Roku television.

New Poster

FYI, I used to have the HD channels on the Roku TV...

Expert

@Onetech67 wrote:

Yes, I have the HD channels on tablet, phone and web. Also have it with set top box. but do not with the Roku television.

on the roku main menu highlight the xfinity channel and press the "star" button on the remote. select remove. after removed unplug the roku from the TV and power supply (AC) for 2-3 minutes. plug it back in and re add the Xfinity Beta channel and reauthorize. working?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Nope, still no HD channels

Regular Visitor

A "me too" here as well.

Expert

@Onetech67 wrote:

Nope, still no HD channels

does a smart phone/tablet have the HD channels? do you have a separate listing on your current bill for HD technology fee $10?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same thing here, 8/21 had HD channels in my listings, 8/22 HD channels gone. On Demand seems to be broadcasting in HD.

I have a Roku which I restarted, removed the app, re-installed the app and re-authorized with no help.

Regular Visitor

Further detail:

My PC browser and phone can both stream HD channels.

Two Roku sticks (Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+) are both up-to-date with latest firmware. Neither restarts nor removal and reinstall/re-authorization of Stream app brings back the HD listings.

Expert

@daddygrumble wrote:

Further detail:

My PC browser and phone can both stream HD channels.

Two Roku sticks (Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+) are both up-to-date with latest firmware. Neither restarts nor removal and reinstall/re-authorization of Stream app brings back the HD listings.

does your bill show a separate line for HD technology with $10 or does it show 0.00?

Frequent Visitor

Why should that matter if it worked for months and then just stopped? I have HD channels on another tv with a box in my house and no contract.

New Poster

No My bill does not show a $10 HD fee. And never in the past 10 years have I seen such a fee on my bill. And if it were on my bill I would ask the question as to why, since the channel line-up package I pay for includes HD?

Regular Visitor

My bill does not have a line for HD fee - none. I subscribe to the digital starter package and have had HD channels all along, and still have access through online streaming on my PC and phone.

If this additional fee is to be extorted to give back what I have through other means, I may need to further consider my options.
Frequent Visitor

So I take it no one has any idea why this happened and how to help us. I was trying to avoid a call to Comcast but I guess I have no choice.
Silver Problem Solver

@FusilliJerry wrote:
So I take it no one has any idea why this happened and how to help us. I was trying to avoid a call to Comcast but I guess I have no choice.

deleted 

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing the same exact issues. We have been on phone support for hours with no resolve

Regular Visitor

Just got off the support... Two hours on the phone... Many things tried on my end....

In the end they suggest buying a new Roku as they feel its defective....

Since they tried all the suggestions. It must be the hardware....
Frequent Visitor

Was your roku showing HD channels before? Why would Roku show SD channel listings but not HD? My Roku showed HD channels in the listings for 2 months and even now I can watch on demand shows in HD, it doesn’t seem like it is defective to me.

Expert

check your latest bill. is there a line that adds HD technology free for $10 or is it 0.00 or is there no HD on the bill? is it X1 service?

Frequent Visitor

Is everyone in this thread an X1 subscriber?

Official Employee

Hi everyone. Here is a helpful/related FAQ link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs.

Can I watch HD channels with the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku?
If your Xfinity TV subscription includes HD channels, you'll be able to watch the same HD channels on your Roku device. By default, Xfinity TV customers that subscribe to HD will auto-tune to the HD version of a channel when possible. If you do not subscribe to HD, you will not be able to view HD channels on your Roku device. If you would like to subscribe to HD, contact us to order.

There was an issue previously where customers were receiving HD programming on their Roku devices that did not have HD services included with their package. We have since corrected this and anyone not paying for HD service in their Comcast television package will no longer receive HD service on their Roku devices. 

Please let us know if you are paying for HD service and not receiving all or some HD channels (and give us a few examples if there are certain networks in particular) that way we can further assist. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@Comcast_Support wrote:

Hi everyone. Here is a helpful/related FAQ link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs.

Can I watch HD channels with the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku?
If your Xfinity TV subscription includes HD channels, you'll be able to watch the same HD channels on your Roku device. By default, Xfinity TV customers that subscribe to HD will auto-tune to the HD version of a channel when possible. If you do not subscribe to HD, you will not be able to view HD channels on your Roku device. If you would like to subscribe to HD, contact us to order.

Please let us know if you're missing all or some HD channels (and give us a few examples if there are certain networks in particular) that way we can further assist. Thank you!

I like how what you quoted is no where to be found on the linked page.  Another case of Comcast doing what it wants to gouge people out of more money.  5g and low orbit satalites cant come soon enough to put this company in check.

Silver Problem Solver

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/navigating-roku-app

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

OK, I'm paying for HD but not getting HD on my Roku.

I have Digital Starter+ - 140 Channels and those 140 channels include HD.

But I do not pay a seperate line item that says HD Service.

I get HD on my TVs and on any other device beside my Roku.

Expert

@AfterTen wrote:

OK, I'm paying for HD but not getting HD on my Roku.

I have Digital Starter+ - 140 Channels and those 140 channels include HD.

But I do not pay a seperate line item that says HD Service.

I get HD on my TVs and on any other device beside my Roku.

do you have x1 service? on your bill it will have one of two lines IF you have HD. it will always say a line 'HD Technology Fee'. the amount will be $10 or $0 (zero if it is included in your current package). without that line then you do not have HD service and the Roku will not currently deliver HD.

Contributor

I have Starter XF Double Play

Includes Digital Starter, Streampix, Selected Premium Channel, TV Box and Blast! Internet

Digital Starter is listed on your website (and on my bill) as 140+ Channels.

Those channels include a bunch of HD channels that I currently get and am enjoying right now.

I do not have a charge listed as "HD Technology Fee" for any amount on my bill.

Now maybe this is because I get my TV through a cable card. So if it is possible to add the "HD Technology Fee" as a $0 charge so I can stream HD to my Roku that would be terrific.

Expert

@AfterTen wrote:

I have Starter XF Double Play

Includes Digital Starter, Streampix, Selected Premium Channel, TV Box and Blast! Internet

Digital Starter is listed on your website (and on my bill) as 140+ Channels.

Those channels include a bunch of HD channels that I currently get and am enjoying right now.

I do not have a charge listed as "HD Technology Fee" for any amount on my bill.

Now maybe this is because I get my TV through a cable card. So if it is possible to add the "HD Technology Fee" as a $0 charge so I can stream HD to my Roku that would be terrific.

since you do not have X1 service, I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hi @AfterTen,

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums.  I'd be happy to review your account. If the HD Tech fee is needed on your account, I can help get it added, but it would only be free if it's included in the package you receive. Please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? To send a Private Message, please click "Comcast_Support” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

@Comcast_Support I am unable to send a private message but I would like you to review my account. I subscribe to HD channels but cannot view them on the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku. I am able to view these HD channels on my iPhone, iPad and desktop browser.

Let me know what additional information you need from me.

Expert

@thebigmontana wrote:

@Comcast_Support I am unable to send a private message but I would like you to review my account. I subscribe to HD channels but cannot view them on the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku. I am able to view these HD channels on my iPhone, iPad and desktop browser.

Let me know what additional information you need from me.

go to the top of this web page and find the 'sign in' link. sign in. now go to the post where the comcast username is shown and touch their username (click on it). in the upper right corner you will see the 'message me' link to click.

Regular Visitor

I have installed the Xfinity Stream Beta app on my LG tv, but am also not receiving the HD channels.  How do I go about getting HD channels on the LG app?  

Expert

@dscavs wrote:

I have installed the Xfinity Stream Beta app on my LG tv, but am also not receiving the HD channels.  How do I go about getting HD channels on the LG app?  

are you an X1 subscriber? on your most recent comcast bill is there a line that says "HD Technology fee" for $10 or $0? 

Regular Visitor

I am an X1 subscriber but my bill doesn't have a line for "HD Technology Fee".  It does have a "Broadcast TV Fee"  for $10.  I currently receive HD channels through a Comacst CableCard, so I do have HD channels.  I just can't get the HD channels to show up in the Xfinity Stream Beta app guide.

Expert

@dscavs wrote:

I am an X1 subscriber but my bill doesn't have a line for "HD Technology Fee".  It does have a "Broadcast TV Fee"  for $10.  I currently receive HD channels through a Comacst CableCard, so I do have HD channels.  I just can't get the HD channels to show up in the Xfinity Stream Beta app guide.

which x1 set top box do you have? (DVR?) or do you mean you have no set top boxes but use the TV card for legacy cable (non-X1)?

Regular Visitor

I don't have a set top box.  I have a Comcast cable card in a PC running Windows Media Center.  My Comcast bill shows that I have X1 Starter package.  

I can also go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings on my PC and see and watch the HD channels, but they don't appear on the Xfinity Stream Beta app on the LG TV.  I can also watch non-live HD shows on the beta app on the LG, just can't get the live channels.

New Poster

I have the same problem on myTCL Roku TV, my Roku Stick and my Roku Express. And I'd been watching TV though Xfinity Stream Beta with HD on my Roku for over 3 years. I spoke to tech support last week, asking for a list of all the current channels I have on my Blast + plan. He and a customer service rep both sent me to a web pages which offered no help. I also asked them what happened to the HD channels on Xfinity Stream. Customer service didnt know, and tech read me all the HD channel #'s for my package. But eviidently, either he didnt understand I was asking about HD channels on Xfinity Stream (I Do have them from my cable box), or even he didn't knnow they removed all HD channels on Xfinity Stream Beta in Roku. I don't have a smart phone and don't watch TV on my laptop. So I don't know if they've been removed from those apps too or not. I think it'svery petty that the did this without explanation. And even worse that neither customer service or tech support see to know anything about tihs change.

Expert

@dscavs wrote:

I don't have a set top box.  I have a Comcast cable card in a PC running Windows Media Center.  My Comcast bill shows that I have X1 Starter package.  

I can also go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings on my PC and see and watch the HD channels, but they don't appear on the Xfinity Stream Beta app on the LG TV.  I can also watch non-live HD shows on the beta app on the LG, just can't get the live channels.

look at your bill. is there a line that says "HD Technology fee" for $10 or $0 ?

Frequent Visitor

Signal Quality through xfinity stream app? is the signal coming to my display through the Xfinity streaming beta app on my new LG TV the exact same 4k signal coming through the comcast 4k set top box? not going through Roku, using the LG App. Looks like a clean signal but to my eyes doesn't seem to pop as much when compared to the set top box signal. 

Expert

@carlislegeorge wrote:

Signal Quality through xfinity stream app? is the signal coming to my display through the Xfinity streaming beta app on my new LG TV the exact same 4k signal coming through the comcast 4k set top box? not going through Roku, using the LG App. Looks like a clean signal but to my eyes doesn't seem to pop as much when compared to the set top box signal. 

do you have X1 TV and internet service? is there a line on your most recent bill "HD Technology free" for $10 or for $0 ?

Frequent Visitor

Yes I am paying for HD service. My question is whether the X1 box does a better job processing a signal delivered from the coax via hdmi, or my TV (new LG 77 C9) does a better job processing the streamed Wi-Fi delivered signal, or is it exactly the same signal.
Expert

@carlislegeorge wrote:
Yes I am paying for HD service. My question is whether the X1 box does a better job processing a signal delivered from the coax via hdmi, or my TV (new LG 77 C9) does a better job processing the streamed Wi-Fi delivered signal, or is it exactly the same signal.

if there is a line as described for HD technology fee then you have HD on the stream beta app. depending upon signal strength and your network saturation (pipe available) situation they are the same stream with exception of audio as the stream app currently is only 2.0 audio.