Community Forum

Watching movies on Xfinity

Highlighted
New Poster

Watching movies on Xfinity

The Chrome browser will end support for the proprietary Flash video format in December 2020, and Adobe will stop updating it. in favor of HTML5. Since my device is a Chromebook, I would no longer be able to watch movies. on Xfinity stream. Will xfinity change from streaming movies in the Flash format to HTML5.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Watching movies on Xfinity

@leon249 wrote:

The Chrome browser will end support for the proprietary Flash video format in December 2020, and Adobe will stop updating it. in favor of HTML5. Since my device is a Chromebook, I would no longer be able to watch movies. on Xfinity stream. Will xfinity change from streaming movies in the Flash format to HTML5.

Comcast says that there will be a replacement for the flash verification of HD secured path video encryption by 12/31/2020. Note that HTML 5 has no video player nor encryption built in. We won't know until the changes are complete.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!