tph0268's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Friday, February 21st, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Unauthorized Device Streaming

Someone is streaming my Xfinity account throught their device.  I changed my password and added two-step verification, but I've read I need to have Xfinity/Comcast actually knock the unauthorized device off the account.  However, no one at Comcast has been able to help me with this.  The only information I've gotten from them is to go to my own Xfinity App to see what devices "are currently streaming".  But even then, I can't kick them off.  Any help would be appreciated.  At this point, to "kick off" every device that has previously logged in would be fine.  I can log in again later with the new password and two-step verification.  Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@tph0268 wrote:

Someone is streaming my Xfinity account throught their device.  I changed my password and added two-step verification, but I've read I need to have Xfinity/Comcast actually knock the unauthorized device off the account.  However, no one at Comcast has been able to help me with this.  The only information I've gotten from them is to go to my own Xfinity App to see what devices "are currently streaming".  But even then, I can't kick them off.  Any help would be appreciated.  At this point, to "kick off" every device that has previously logged in would be fine.  I can log in again later with the new password and two-step verification.  Thank you.

go to xfinity.com and sign in. go to account, then users. do you have any users listed there?  did you sign in to their device or give them the username/password for your account? next steps depend on the answers. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I’m the only “user” on the account. They signed into the xfinity app on their device using my login information (which has since been changed along with two step verification added).

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@tph0268 wrote:
I’m the only “user” on the account. They signed into the xfinity app on their device using my login information (which has since been changed along with two step verification added).

you got lucky no pay per views were ordered. call 800-Comcast, select tech support for cable TV. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the team member to deprovision your streaming devices. if the team member seems confused ask for a supervisor.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for your help. All was taken care of.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here