Jules55321's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 24th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

Streaming channels gone

I am extremely upset with Comcast right now. I spoke to three different agents and they all told me that if I drop my package where I would lose the up TV channel and the WeTV channel… I would still be able to get them through Xfinity stream. All three of them told me to go out and buy the Roku stick and that way I could stream those channels, I wouldn’t be able to record them but I could watch them live. Well guess what happened?? $60 later with the Roku sticks and surprise surprise I can’t stream those channels. Beyond mad and disgusted with the lack of skill and understanding the Comcast agents have. With all the money I spend there, again THREE different people just made me lose $60 in Roku sticks. They are useless and I can’t return them.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

same issue here. xfinity customer for years, one day uptv, wgn etc were showing "This Requires a Subscription" and telling me to visit Shop/Upgrade to update my packages. So I did, but there is no "UPtv and WGN America" option. So I call Sales, they have no idea. Call support, they have no clue. Go to the service center in town, they say xfinity and the effected networks failed to reach an agreement and that they haven't gotten around to updating the guide and stuff yet. Service center agent said the only reason I had the channel before was because I was in a grandfathered plan and now it's unavailable until they reach an agreement.

I ordered U-verse TV and internet to replace Xfinity, since they get UPtv ... but their U-verse service was so bad I returned it the next day. Also found out this morning when I went in the attic that the U-verse installer managed to rip a hole in an A/C duct. Lovely.

So now, we're stuck without a couple of our favorite channels until further notice. Which could be never for all we know.

Good luck!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Phil_McCracken wrote:

same issue here. xfinity customer for years, one day uptv, wgn etc were showing "This Requires a Subscription" and telling me to visit Shop/Upgrade to update my packages. So I did, but there is no "UPtv and WGN America" option. So I call Sales, they have no idea. Call support, they have no clue. Go to the service center in town, they say xfinity and the effected networks failed to reach an agreement and that they haven't gotten around to updating the guide and stuff yet. Service center agent said the only reason I had the channel before was because I was in a grandfathered plan and now it's unavailable until they reach an agreement.

I ordered U-verse TV and internet to replace Xfinity, since they get UPtv ... but their U-verse service was so bad I returned it the next day. Also found out this morning when I went in the attic that the U-verse installer managed to rip a hole in an A/C duct. Lovely.

So now, we're stuck without a couple of our favorite channels until further notice. Which could be never for all we know.

Good luck!

Using a smart phone/tablet, do the channels work normally?

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

same for WGN America too.

with with "Free to me" filterwithout without "Free to me" filter

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

No. On Android, using the "Stream" app, the channel shows up with no Guide filters. If the "Free to me" filter is applied it is hidden from the guide. On the TV and app both, when tuning to the channel it shows an error saying to visit Shop/Upgrade to subscribe to the channel. Thing is the Preferred line-up does still list UPtv. Despite the informational literature at the local service center having already removed UPtv.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Early December I had a call from a Comcast sales person saying I had a discount expiring so she was going to try to make my account with no addition cost...and while the discussing all of this she mentioned I would no longer be getting WGN as Comcast no longer carried WGN...what really is the truth is they have been in negotiations with WGN for a year and refuse to pay what WGN needs...

This sales person added Voice to my account which I said I did not want which raised my cost 18.50 a month over what I had....if you look on Comcast's website...They show WGN is available with the STARTER packsge which my last contact with Comcast I was told no packsges include WGN....so maybe they need to update their website...I'm done...going to Frontier tomorrow....

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

That is true about the channels my family just recently lost some channels but I am on the grandfather package still and never lost any channels
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here