Community Forum

Someone’s using my xfinity stream

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Someone’s using my xfinity stream

I noticed shows I haven’t watched are now showing I’ve watched them. I changed my password and a show that was recorded last night shows as watched today. I’ve tried searching for devices in the account but I can’t find anything. How do I get this other person off my account.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Someone’s using my xfinity stream

@Twistedsteel wrote:
I noticed shows I haven’t watched are now showing I’ve watched them. I changed my password and a show that was recorded last night shows as watched today. I’ve tried searching for devices in the account but I can’t find anything. How do I get this other person off my account.

are you by chance in a condo/apartment? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No home.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Twistedsteel wrote:
No home.

Do you have any children?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

A 6 yr old that has no interest to game of thrones. I believe an old friend is still using my account I had logged in on her samsung and forgot to log out. I’ve asked her to sign out and changed the password but I believe she’s still watching shows.
Highlighted
Expert

@Twistedsteel wrote:
A 6 yr old that has no interest to game of thrones. I believe an old friend is still using my account I had logged in on her samsung and forgot to log out. I’ve asked her to sign out and changed the password but I believe she’s still watching shows.

A comcast employee usually responds with 72 hours. ask the employee to deprovision all of your streaming devices.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

There still using my account and I’ve had me help from an employee
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Twistedsteel wrote:
There still using my account and I’ve had me help from an employee

If you have changed your Xfinity password, they may be getting it from the X1 system, if you have it.

Xfinity button to gear symbol to parental controls to application locks and choose Xfinity Xfi

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

They’re using my xfinity stream. As stated prior I forgot to log out and they won’t log out of it and changing my password hasn’t done anything because it won’t kick them out. When I go into setting I’m not seeing any devices, but I can see what show have been recently watched that haven’t been watched by me.
Highlighted
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Hey there, Twistedsteel! Thank you for reaching out here on the forums. 

I can definitely help out with the Stream issues you're running into! To get started, can you please send me a PM with your first and last name? Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Done